babychic

Madeleine McCann

For the discussion of controversial topics and serious debate.
linkennett
Newborn
Newborn

Madeleine McCann

#1 Unread post by linkennett » Fri May 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Metropolitan police investigating case of missing child in Portugal - is this justified?

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Madeleine McCann

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Fri May 13, 2011 3:29 pm

I'm kind of torn on it. Obviously I'd want as much to be done as possible if it was my child, but I do have to be wonder if as much would be done for, say, an abduction happening when a family visit relatives in Pakistan, or many other, less high-profile cases where children vanish in the UK. Perhaps it's mean, or cynical to think that way, I don't know.

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#3 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:34 pm

I dont think its right that the McCanns are getting preferencially treatment over so many other families who have had children gone missing, not known to the public and their cases being closed.
I also think the McCanns should be charged with neglect because at the end of the day, whether they are suspisciously involved in their daughters disappearance or not, they still drugged their children with sleeping pills and left them alone in the apartment, where although the apartment could be seen, theres no way they would get to it quick enough in an emergency if an emergency was known about.
I find it rather coincidental that all kids had been drugged while they went for a meal, Maddie disappears with no one seeing anything 'concrete' and then there be Maddies blood in the boot of the McCanns hire car. There was also a near by construction site that wasnt inspected. I wouldnt be surprised that if they pulled all the construction apart, and dug up concrete, they would find her remains. And if she is still alive somewhere, she wont be found whilst a search for her is still being openly publiscised and will end up being another case of the Fitzsel kids if she survives long enough to be found/escape.
ImageImage
ImageImage

sheeina
Newlywed
Newlywed

#4 Unread post by sheeina » Sat May 14, 2011 8:21 pm

nobody will know what ohappened on that night other than maddie.
its so so so sad that this little girl was either murdered (by overdose or something else i dont know) or is no spending her years without her mummy daddy twin siblings and all the rest of fmaily and friends.
i know this is going to sound harsh and im sorry but i dont care one bit about the adults in this. i dont care they couldnt have sex after the ordel. i dont care she cant sleep. i dont care. what i do care about is the poor little girl that has or is going through hell.

i dont mind people looking and i dont mind money being raised for them to do this but i dont think it should be taken out off our police service. i think if people want to help they can and should be able to but to take it from a service in this country which is already struggling with funds and services.

i just feel saddness about the whole thing.
Mummy to George

Total weight loss : 9lbs
total loss to go : 72lbs

Edwina
Newborn
Newborn

#5 Unread post by Edwina » Sat May 21, 2011 3:54 pm

I have to say from day one I thought, rightly or wrongly that the McCanns were not entirely innocent !!!! I really do not care whether the McCanns are able, or otherwise to have sex, far too much information! I care for the authorities to solve the mystery of little Maddies dissappearence, I care that the whole msytery is solved....the fact remains that NO child should be left unattended whether at home or in another country, as for drugging a child well that is a henious crime in itself...I agree the McCanns have a lot to answer to and that is putting it mildly!!!

Millie_loves_Luca
High-flyer
High-flyer

#6 Unread post by Millie_loves_Luca » Sat May 21, 2011 7:45 pm

I dont know what to think. I suppose I dont beleive that the parents had any direct involvement in her disappearance as I just dont think they could have kept up the facade for as long as they have. I just find it all so sad that this has happened to the little girl and also to her siblings, cousins, and other relatives that we dont know about but will still be finding all this impossible to deal with. xx

Horseymum
Newborn
Newborn

#7 Unread post by Horseymum » Tue May 08, 2012 1:25 pm

No, I do not think that it is right that the McCann's have their case investigated by the Metropilitan Police.
I'm not entirely sure that they remember, it was them who left Madeline and her twin siblings alone in that apartment so they could go out to dinner! I mean, what on earth were they thinking. Many hotels/complex's abroad have babysitting facilities and they chose not to use such and are now living with the consequences, I think the money they have made from this poor little girls ordeal is horrific and lets face it, we will NEVER know!
"DREAM AS IF YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS THOUGH YOU'LL DIE TODAY"

Return to “Speaker's Corner”