babychic

should i buy my son 15 year old boxer shorts not briefs ?

For discussion about healthy living, recipe advice and more.
amy foster
Newborn
Newborn

should i buy my son 15 year old boxer shorts not briefs ?

#1 Unread post by amy foster » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:03 pm

hi iam a 40 year old woman and i am a single mom i have a son who is 15 years of age 16 in july and he currently wears briefs which he has done all his life as that is what i buy him as i do not allow him to wear boxer shorts, recently he has asked me for the first ever time in his life mom can you buy me boxer shorts, off course i said to him your 15 there is nothing wrong with your briefs, then i asked him why he is asking for boxer shorts when he never said the word, he then replied mom because in the changing rooms at high school other boys are teasing him as a lot of them wear boxers, i off course told him to grow up and be a man, i said look you need to just ignore them and not give in to peer pressure i mea why is he even bothering what some jerks say any way he needs to learn to me a man so i told him firmly no you are going to keep wearing briefs because that what mom says and you respect her and do as she says . he says i am being unfair but i do not think i am i dont really care what he thinks he not adult he not old enough to make his own choices and while he lives under his moms roof he will wear what he mom says and that is briefs, but i sometimes just out of interest wonder if i am being a bit harsh and a bit old school what do you think do boys that age wear briefs or boxers, i want him until he turns 18 to wear briefs then he can choose, its not like i buy him tighty whities i buy him coloured ones?

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: should i buy my son 15 year old boxer shorts not briefs ?

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:48 am

I think at 15 he is old enough to choose his own underwear? Why don't you want him to wear boxers? If you want him to grow up and 'be a man' as you say, surely that also involves allowing him to choose what he wears.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:46 am

I help at with a group of 6 year olds and the ones who don't wear trunks/boxers get accused of wearing 'girls pants'. If that's 6 year olds - I honestly can't imagine getting to 15 and being in the boys changing room. My eldest asked to change the type of underwear he wore in year 4 because he was the only one in briefs - we went shopping and he chose trunk type underwear.

Jeanette
The Nanny

#4 Unread post by Jeanette » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:06 am

I really cannot understand your objection to boxers if that's what he wants to wear.
What are you worried about?
He wants to be the same as the others. Let him be.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Cjr16
Newborn
Newborn

#5 Unread post by Cjr16 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi.
I was searching around on the Internet and found this post. I'm 16 and I wear breifs (pants) but many boys in PE where boxers.
He'll be in collage from September? So no one would know what pants or boxers he will wear.
Everyone in the end gets over it. But I'd tell him to carry on wits pants.

Return to “Health Talk”