babychic

Anyone around?

The place for general conversation. Share the events of your day, something funny that happened to you or just the general ramblings of your mind.
weezypops
Site Guru

Anyone around?

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:45 pm

I'm rather missing chatting to you all on here? Anyone been up to anything recently?

We've been super busy but have just got back from a lovely weekend in Bath - my parents had the kids so it was just me and Kester. Lovely little break but of course really nice to see the sprogs too!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: Anyone around?

#2 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:51 am

We are here

James has had croup and tonsilitis all weekend so not been an easy one. We had to make a rocket out of a drinks bottle for school science week and he enjoyed that. We are going in on Wednesday to see it get launched so should be fun and then I have William's 'Learning conversation' (parents eve) straight after.

My sister is now overdue - she was due last Wednesday (9th March) so I am checking my phone whenever I can and thinking about her.

weezypops
Site Guru

#3 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:33 am

Oh poor her, how is she feeling? Being overdue is not fun, even if you prepare yourself for the possibility!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:46 pm

still no baby - she is coping because she has to but she is desperate to meet baby. Her induction date is Saturday so we are all hoping he decides to come before then!

weezypops
Site Guru

#5 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:39 am

At least she will be in a fairly good position to be induced being that overdue, the baby will probably come quite quickly!

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

#6 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:28 pm

Hi
I'm about not been up to much, well certainly been busy whole house has been or is ill, full of coughs and colds and now girls have conjunctivitis, one thing on top of another.
Still fighting for extra help for Alex, saw educational psychologist last week so waiting for report back and to see what will be put into place, also both schools have had ofsted the infants came back as good with no major issues, the juniors on the other hand came back as inadequate, attended a meeting last night which assured us as parents that improvements are already underway and that will meet the set targets by the deadline but I came away feeling deflated still as it didn't really answer the questions i needed answering.

Nothing else going on here just taking each day as it comes really still looking well bidding for a bigger house,
Leanne and children xxxx

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#7 Unread post by rachel jane » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:49 pm

Hi everyone.
All ok here with me and my lot. Johns up and down but ok.
Not been up too much. I got a pay rise at work today which is nice. Took kids to BASE jump on Saturday it was manic and hot but kids liked it. I'm taking them to the circus next week in priory park anyone else going?
Anyone going away soon? I'm taking the kids to clacton on a sun holiday the second week of Easter going with a couple of friends and their kids. Going away in July for 10 days with other friends we are flying to Barcelona and staying about an hour away. I just sent off for our passports it cost over £200!!
Hope all ok with you ladies.xx

weezypops
Site Guru

#8 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:16 am

Oh, I love Barcelona, we were hoping to go for our anniversary this year as it's my favourite city and we haven't been since before kids but as the flights out were on thursday it would have meant my parents having the kids for three nights which was just too much. We thought about taking the kids this summer but after trekking round Edinburgh came to the conclusion Dexter is still too young for city break. Either means lugging the pushchair around or him getting tired and becoming a bit of a pain! Maybe one year!

We are going to Anglesey with friends over Easter weekend then have booked a lovely thatched cottage in Norfolk. We've been quite UK based this year: Dorset over Christmas, weekend in Easy Sussex (for me) in January, Cumbria and Edinburgh for half term, Bath last weekend then Wales and Norfolk. Just need to visit Ireland and we'd have covered most of the UK bases!

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#9 Unread post by rachel jane » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:18 pm

After our rainy camping trip to Norfolk last year for our main holiday I was no way going to be U.K. Based again!!! I really want to go to Scotland, Ireland and Lake District.
Took car in early to try and find out the problem and then have done asda and walked buds. Done 2 loads of washing and have gus's parent meeting at school then rainbows and karate.
Hope everyone is having a nice day.x

weezypops
Site Guru

#10 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:39 pm

That was why we went to Bordeaux a few years ago - we'd had a rainy Devon holiday followed by a rainy Lake District one and we decided we needed some sun. The year after that we went to Cornwall and the weather was beautiful, then to Tuscany, also lovely of course. It is nice to have that guaranteed sunshine but we just fancied staying here this year, not sure why!

Return to “A Bit of a Chat”