babychic

Wedding gift ideas? Help....

The place for general conversation. Share the events of your day, something funny that happened to you or just the general ramblings of your mind.
Nikki_24

Wedding gift ideas? Help....

#1 Unread post by Nikki_24 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi all,

I have a wedding coming up in a couple of weeks and am looking for something unusal as a gift.....not a proper gift as we have already donated to their honeymoon fund with Thomson (their request sent out with invite). I'm just looking for something quite personal to give them on the day. They are really good friends of ours and we've really close so wanted something unusual?!

Does anyone have any lovely ideas?? Particularly Claire (Artfarty), can you think of anything crafty that might fit the job?

I was thinking of a nice personalised photo album but they are paying out soooo much money for luxurious professional pics that i think it would be a poor idea!! Aaaaaaaaaah! Its driving me mad thinking about it!! :shock:

Any ideas greatly appreciated :?

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#2 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:14 pm

How about a personalised wedding certificate holder? You know them silver tubes, usually with things on the end like horse shoes/doves etc for wedding and teddies for birth and picture enscribed on the tube.
ImageImage
ImageImage

jennagooding
Newlywed
Newlywed

#3 Unread post by jennagooding » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Champagne flutes- I would have loves someone to have got us a really nice pair.
(Everyone thought everyone else would do it :roll: :lol: )

ariesangel1985
Selling Sexy Wares

#4 Unread post by ariesangel1985 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:42 pm

Jessops do really nice photo books for about £20.

All you have to do is download the software (free) then you design it yourself!!

How bout you stick with your personal album idea, but use the photos other ppl take, the ones that are more relaxed and natural, they always seem to be the best pics.

Or even get in touch with their families and get some old pics of them growing up and make an album of their lives before they met, right up to the wedding........... a pre-wedding album!! :D

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by artyfartymack » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:22 pm

How about a voucher saying you'll get your present on your return from honey moon. Let me have some pictures and buy a 12"x12" frame and I'll do you a scrapbook page.

Nikki_24

#6 Unread post by Nikki_24 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:54 pm

Thankyou all for the ideas!!
Claire, if i can get some good pics I might go for that! xx

kat
Teen
Teen

#7 Unread post by kat » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:45 pm

ariesangel1985 wrote: Or even get in touch with their families and get some old pics of them growing up and make an album of their lives before they met, right up to the wedding........... a pre-wedding album!! :D
what an absolutely excellent idea!!! you can make a fantastic book on a site i used when aimee was born. i made a book foe ellie of her as a baby so she didnt feel so left out when i went mad getting aimees baby pics printed; http://www.photobox.co.uk/shop/photo-bo ... -photobook xx
Of all the things I've lost...I miss my mind the most.....

ariesangel1985
Selling Sexy Wares

#8 Unread post by ariesangel1985 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:08 am

kat wrote:
ariesangel1985 wrote: Or even get in touch with their families and get some old pics of them growing up and make an album of their lives before they met, right up to the wedding........... a pre-wedding album!! :D
what an absolutely excellent idea!!! you can make a fantastic book on a site i used when aimee was born. i made a book foe ellie of her as a baby so she didnt feel so left out when i went mad getting aimees baby pics printed; http://www.photobox.co.uk/shop/photo-bo ... -photobook xx
Jessops are the same, I did one for my wedding album, and i think they are half price too atm! x

Sanyjane
Newborn
Newborn

Re: Wedding gift ideas? Help....

#9 Unread post by Sanyjane » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:09 am

have you see this framed print - https://inkifi.com/wall-art/moments-frame.html

I was thinking of getting one of these as a wedding gift. I guess I would have to wait until after the wedding day though. You mentioned creating a photo book, I guess you would have the same problem (needing to wait until after the event for the wedding photos)? Or were you thinking of using images of the engagement for example?

Interested to hear your thoughts, I want to create something amazing for the lovely couple.

Thanks

avisonzoey
Newborn
Newborn

#10 Unread post by avisonzoey » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:18 am

The picture looks nice for a gift. I'd be glad to get something like this :) after all this turmoil and headache with planning and hiring, there's no energy left to think about whether the gift is good or not, believe me. If your friend has an upcoming wedding, help him/her now and advise a venue like this https://www.poptop.uk.com/venue/fazendamanchester/ or a caterer or whatever, they'll be grateful

SannyY
Newborn
Newborn

#11 Unread post by SannyY » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:15 pm

You can book a hotel room and a spa if the budget allows
Or buy wine glasses plus a nice bottle of wine, champagne

AbelFox
Newborn
Newborn

#12 Unread post by AbelFox » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:44 am

The bottle of wine is a classic, but it is always a pleasure, especially when the bride and groom are connoisseurs. You just have to find a good bottle.
Here to see my website : AhentaiTV

Hamkin
Newborn
Newborn

#13 Unread post by Hamkin » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:56 am

If they love picnics, then a picnic basket will come in handy for a weekend date at the park. I gave one to my friends, you can check the photo, I think it's quite beautiful, by the way, they like it too.
Attachments
cats.jpg
cats.jpg (165.39 KiB) Viewed 3104 times

Return to “A Bit of a Chat”