babychic

Cllr Jason Luty

Feel you or your family have been treated badly or something just isn't up to scratch? Have a rant here - you never know, maybe we can help!
weezypops
Site Guru

Cllr Jason Luty

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:52 pm

Just had note through the door from our local Tory Councillor Jason Luty to say he came round today and that he'd be back in a few days to se if there's anything the council can do for me... funny, I was sitting right here and didn't hear him knock before the leaflet came through.

How are we supposed to believe anything he says when he posts leaflets that are outright lies?!

:evil:

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#2 Unread post by Jenn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:56 pm

GGggrrrrr!!! This is like postmen who don't knock and gas men who don't ring when they turn up to read the meter! Really annoys me!

But a politician!!!!! Does the leaflet say that he tried to ring or just that 'he was in the area' if the latter then he hasn't actually lied?

weezypops
Site Guru

#3 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:01 pm

It says "I came round today to ask if there is anything that the Borough Council can do for you.

I will try to visit again in a few days time"

and then some other blurb. So it's not an outright lie but the implication that he knocked is certainly there, don't you think?

I ran out into the street to see if I could see him but could only see a lad delivering the papers and didn't thin it was fair to harrass him. :lol: I don't think we should let politicians get away with such inadequate behaviour, am considering a stern letter.

Ah, this takes me back to my battle with David Amess back in '97 :lol:

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by Jenn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:31 pm

97? do tell!

I think it is a lie in that case! He obviously didn't come round today to ask you as if he had then you would have spoken to him and told him about the play space and site and lots of things.

It is a lie!

CllrIanGilbert
Newborn
Newborn

#5 Unread post by CllrIanGilbert » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:32 pm

If I understand correctly, you live somewhere in the Westborough area? It may surprise you to know that Councillor Luty represents Eastwood Park ward.

There is a bit of a vendetta going on between Councillor Luty, the Residents' Association of Wesborough and the Independent Councillors who do actually represent Westborough Ward.

Quite what Jason Luty is trying to achieve by putting leaflets through your door, goodness only knows!

weezypops
Site Guru

#6 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:39 pm

That's interesting. I spoke to him once before when he did knock on the door (and got rather fobbed off with a 'put it in writing and send it to me') and he really made it sound like he represented us, which I was confused about as I know our area is independent (Dr. Vell etc) but assumed I just didn't know enough about local council stuff! We often get stuff through our door from him. Some of it's a bit odd actually.

Jenn, in '97 me and a few friends were coming out of school and bumped into David Amess who was handing out balloons to toddlers. We went over to talk to him and he was all nicey nice until we asked him about his reasons for leaving Basildon for a safe Tory seat in Southend. He ran away from us - literally ran down the street, coat flapping in the breeze. I wrote to him and got a couple of stroppy and rather rude replies and him contacting my headteacher, so I contacted the Echo and they did an article on it, on which he refused to comment.

weezypops
Site Guru

#7 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:34 pm

He just did the same thing again! Another note saying he'd called when there wasn't even a knock.

I called his number on the card and left what I thought was a pretty good message - be interesting to see if he calls back!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#8 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:38 pm

Why would a politician do something like this twice? How silly! Does he not realise that he is frustrating people and making them angry?

hmmm...... unless of course it is someone pretending to be him so that you get annoyed with him vote against him?????

No, no, no - far too complicated! He is just a bit stupid that's all!

Return to “Have your say!”