babychic

An Essex Mums type thing for men?????

Feel you or your family have been treated badly or something just isn't up to scratch? Have a rant here - you never know, maybe we can help!
jacc35
Tween
Tween

An Essex Mums type thing for men?????

#1 Unread post by jacc35 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:12 pm

Why is it no matter where you look or how many searches you do there is nothing like this site for men???
My Fiance Barry moved here from Romford, has left all his mates there and only sees them every so often now (more due to not local anymore and other commitments) and only when he is the one making the effort.
As was so recently marked, the ladies on here have made some very good local friends, and I was just wondering if there was something we could do or if there is a decent site for men?? All the things like Bounty and others are more geared up for women too, but don't take into account that men have exactly the same feelings/issues/needs as us ladies.
Does anyone have any ideas????

Jackie

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

Re: An Essex Mums type thing for men?????

#2 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Sorry hun. I dont no of anything but didnt want to read and run. I hope you get some sugestions :D x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

weezypops
Site Guru

#3 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Men are always welcome to post here but I understand if it might not be their cup of tea. I think maybe men aren't as interested in chatting about their day - maybe he could post on here to see if any of the other dads who have joined up want to meet up!

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#4 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:51 pm

Louise - under the 'general talk' section, do you think you could create another section specifically for the men/dads? I understand it might not get used much, but if it is there, it may get used. I think alot of men are daunted by or not interested in womens every day chit chat, so if they had a section of their own, they wouldnt have to worry about being invaded by the girls lol.
ImageImage
ImageImage

weezypops
Site Guru

#5 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Good idea!

Simpson
Newborn
Newborn

#6 Unread post by Simpson » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:56 pm

I know a few forums I go on, there is a section which is for men, which is ONLY for men and its designed as men only access (so needing a password / special access to that area) so they can talk to other men about things without women seeing. Might not be a idea for here though - depends how many men post, but might make them feel more comfortable that they could post and not have hundreds of women reply - unless they wanted them to of course
Last edited by Simpson on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#7 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:56 pm

I know my man thinks it is a girly thing to chat on forums and online. Mike would never do it! (Although I have written down instructions n how to get online to update you all when baby is here!)

Jeanette
The Nanny

#8 Unread post by Jeanette » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:14 pm

I tend to agree with Jenn unless the site was about one of their hobbies etc. I think that is also the reason why most of the people on Facebook are female. My hubby wouldn't dream of just chatting but he enjoys discussing his brewing on his Beer forums.
That must be the difference, Women chat, Men discuss. :lol:
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#9 Unread post by Gillybean » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:04 pm

what about gaming sites, is he in to gaming, they are more geared towards men and they may have general chat forums

or theres's this http://www.menforum.com/forums/ or this which is more about sport http://www.mysportsforums.net/

weezypops
Site Guru

#10 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Well I might as well put it up and see if it gets any interest. I don't think it's the sort of thing my husband would be interested in either, but there might be some out there who want to chat.

Millie_loves_Luca
High-flyer
High-flyer

#11 Unread post by Millie_loves_Luca » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:51 pm

I think its a good idea, depending on the man. My dh wouldnt go for it but I am sure there are men who would. I think it would be less busy that the ladies' version, but that would not necessarily mean that it want a success, just that fewer men are chatty!

jacc35
Tween
Tween

#12 Unread post by jacc35 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:30 am

Thank you all for your replies. Barry and I were talking about it and he is quite miffed that I have so many ways of being in contact with other like minded people and for more than just chat, like support and other things. He isn't the first one I have had this conversation with either, there really is nowhere for guys to go on the internet for advice, support and general chitchat. I am just so lucky to have met you guys on here, and I love it.

You guys are fab!!!!!!! xXx

weezypops
Site Guru

#13 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:09 pm

Yay!

Return to “Have your say!”