babychic

Help your child get ready for pre-school or school

For support and advice about disabilities & SEN
OT Essex
Baby
Baby

Help your child get ready for pre-school or school

#1 Unread post by OT Essex » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:27 pm

'Get Ready for Pre-School and School' in a fun parent and child group. Starts 13th November in Mountnessing.

Do you worry that your child will struggle with starting at pre-school or school? Would you like some tips to improve their skills and feel more confident?

This programme aims to develop confidence and independence with:
•Dressing
•Feeding
•Toileting and personal care
•Pre-writing skills
•Motor skills needed for using pencils and scissors successfully

Get Ready for Pre-School and School
A programme to support parents with children aged from 2 1/2 years old to work on some of the skills needed for achieving independence. For example;
•Develop independence with undressing and dressing.
•Encourage self-feeding and pick up tips for using cutlery in both hands as well as introducing /using a knife and fork.
•Work on increasing independence with hand washing, toileting and personal care in potty trained children.
- Pick up tips for developing the motor skills needed for using scissors and pencils successfully.
•Find out more about what is expected of children when starting playgroup or Reception class and prepare for this next big step.
•Improve communication and strategies when teaching new skills.

£25 for 4 week programme. This includes handouts to take home, activity ideas and craft materials.
Wednesdays 13th, 20th, 27th November and 4th December 1.15-2.15pm Thoby Lane, Mountnessing.

To book your place ring Abi on 07903 085883 or email info@getreadyclub.co.uk.

http://www.getreadyclub.co.uk

These groups are parent and child sessions and are aimed at children without identified difficulties or diagnoses. However, all sessions are adapted to meet the needs of the individual children attending and can accommodate children with additional needs.

“Brilliant fun for Harry. He really enjoyed coming and really informative for me. It has made us focus on getting dressed and undressed at home and given us lots of ideas to practice. It helped to find out what was expected of children going to playschool.”

“It has been amazing and made such a difference. Before the sessions started I hadn’t even thought about dressing/undressing and now my son does it all by himself in just four weeks.”

“A summary of these courses cannot do them justice because so much of it consists of things which, as it were, you didn’t know you didn’t know. Little hints and tips which make you think ‘I wish I’d known that before!’ You will end up knowing what to focus on and what to leave for a year or two. And how to be confident in knowing that you are giving your child the right level of encouragement in the right way. Abi is brilliant. She is very knowledgeable and is great with children. She is really generous with her time, her e-mails, her hand outs and recommendations.”

Return to “Prematurity, Disabilities & SEN”