babychic

High ALT levels

Any questions about pregnancy, labour, birth or postnatal care? Then ask our experienced midwife for some advice.
emma b
Newborn
Newborn

High ALT levels

#1 Unread post by emma b » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Hey

I didn't know what section to write in so thought it would be best to put it in here.

I am 34 and half weeks pregnant. I have been suffering with severe itchiness recently and have lost my appetite. I googled it - probably not a good thing to do - but it said there's a liver condition, can't remember the name or how to spell it, but anyway I mentioned it to my midwife this morning and she sent me to get some urgent bloods done. Had the results and my ALT levels are higher than normal, they should be between 5-40 mine are 45.

I once again googled the outcome of having a high ALT level and it said that they induce women earlier. I have to go back next week to get the same lot of bloods done to see if they are still high.

So my question really is has anyone else experienced the same thing or similar?

Thanks
Emma

Schmushe
Blissful

Re: High ALT levels

#2 Unread post by Schmushe » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Emma. I have moved this to our ask the midwife section. Hopefully she will be on soon to advise.

I don't have any personal experience of this but just wanted to wish you well. X

Return to “Ask the Midwife”