babychic

After pregnancy question please?

Any questions about pregnancy, labour, birth or postnatal care? Then ask our experienced midwife for some advice.
Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

After pregnancy question please?

#1 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:15 am

Hi ya

As you remember, I had bad hg and sickness in my pregnancy right up to birth.

Like with William - it disappeared straight after William. However since July 6th (exactly a year after the hg symptons started) I feel sick some of the time. I put it down to pschcological and told myself off for it. It's not physically stopping me from doing anything (like last year when i could hardly move) just almost constantly there (most of the time and not pleasant. I feel a fraud mentioning it - especially when people are really going through morning sickness and illness but this last week (probably because I am a bit down anyway - missing Mike) it really has been quite bad and depressing at imes.

I felt so bad the other day that I spoke to a HG rep who said that it might be something else as a result of it - but I can't remember what she said and can't contact her now? And told me to go to the doctors.

I just feel such a fraud tho - and feel like i would be wasting their time when they have properly ill people to see.

It could just all be in my head couldn't it? It will just go away won't it?

Like most sufferers I also can't be in the same room as certain smells/foods or even think about eating/drinking certain foods as I have just been put off of them and feel queasy at them. But this is almost continuous and not linked to the sight of chinese food, the smell of coke or even the inside of TJ Hughes - just continuous?

Any ideas? And if not - don't worry - I just really had to share with someone finally!

Thanks

PS I'm not pregnant!

Schmushe
Blissful

Re: After pregnancy question please?

#2 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:28 am

Jenn, I still have aversions to things, even down to songs on the radio, (the sound of the underground by girls aloud and if your not the one by Daniel Bedingfield) - both make me feel sick to the stomach, I still cant drink pure orange properly or the thought of eating a orange fills me with dread.

I do wonder if it is psycological, when you have HG, you avoid things like the plague and when you taste them afterwards you remember how they made you feel and how sick you actually were. Maybe try batteling through and do it step at a time, tbh the things I avoid I dont miss and I cant stand the songs anyway so its no great loss.

I dont think i'll ever not feel this way, I have had the orange thing and songs since Josh and that was 8 yrs ago.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:40 am

This isn't just aversions tho - it is continuous! I know what you mean about aversions (couldn't think of the word earlier!) I can't ave coke from William - but as I say this is all the time? I can cope with no orange juice, no coke, etc much this is - it's just all in my mind. I will get over it!

Thanks

Schmushe
Blissful

#4 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:55 am

Might be worth going to see the gp then Jenn, if your feeling sick all the time and not yourself, it could be stress related or something the dr might have some advice on.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:11 am

ok - maybe I should? It can't be anything serious tho? can it? You reckon it can wait till Mike is home - really don't want to take the boys?

Schmushe
Blissful

#6 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:28 am

I dont think it'll be anything serious, so yeah wait until Mike gets back and then see how you are then.
Is it something that comes and goes? Could it be when your in stressful situations? Like the build up to Mike going away and then him being away, and once hes home you might feel better?? Stress can cause all kinds of things to happen to the body.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#7 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:54 am

It doesn't really go away - although I can take my mind of it for a short while - like when in the middle of a book with WIlliam. Boy! The dr is going to think I am a right nut job!

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#8 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:07 am

Ahh Jenn huni, maybe talking to the doc will help anyway. I hope your feeling better soon girly x
The doc wont think that at all, its what they are there for. Could you possibly speak with your HV even? x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

BirthAffinity
Explorer
Explorer

#9 Unread post by BirthAffinity » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:21 pm

Poor you - yuk! Well youve excluded the obvious answer seeing as you're not pregnant! Continuing nausea is not a normal thing tho, and whether a psychological or physical cause needs to be investigated and treated - it must be horrible for you. It isn't "wasting gp time" or stopping "really ill" people seeing the dr. There is definately something not quite right and you deserve to feel "well" as much as anyone else. It may be something really simple, such as excess stomach acid which can cause you to feel yuk, or any number of other simple, easy to sort causes. Get the GP to sort it - You've suffered enough! Hope you get the answer and solution soon xx
Lorraine Berry
BSc(Hons) Registered Midwife, Natal Hypnotherapist
Birth Calm, Confident and Relaxed

http://www.birthaffinity.co.uk

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#10 Unread post by Jenn » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:25 pm

Thanks guys! Thought I would phone tomorrow to see if I can make an appointment for the folowing week!

As I say the aversions I can manage! But this is yucky!

Return to “Ask the Midwife”