babychic

Escenti Head Lice Products

Give us your honest review of a product you've bought and help other parents make informed decisions before they buy!
lea-marie
Charli's Angel

Escenti Head Lice Products

#1 Unread post by lea-marie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:44 pm

Anyone with a child at school will know how annoying head lice are and how hard it is to keep your child's head clean and clear of the little blighters...

I have to say that I was getting fed up with constantly having to comb through Charli's hair every bathtime to ensure that she didn't have them, as there are a couple of children in the school/her class that don't seem to ever have their treated. Charli has quite sensitive skin, so I don't like using the lotions etc often, so found that continuously combing through her hair was the only sure fire thing I could do... And even so, I still found them occassionally, despite being very meticulous and thorough!

While shopping the other week, I went to the toiletries aisle to pick up some shampoo for Charli when I spotted the Escenti. It is a Tea Tree based product that boasts clearing and repelling head lice. There was a shampoo, conditioner and spray (all under £2 each) so I grabbed all three!

I have been using the shampoo and conditioner on her every other day in the bath, followed by the spray, and I have to say that she hasn't had a single thing on her head for over a month, even though 2 seperate letters have gone out in the last few weeks about cases of lice in her class. She also says that her head feels 'extra-clean' and nice - which is praise indeed from Charli! :lol:

So it really seems to work well, and is very good value... The only ;downside' I can possibly think of is possibly the smell if you don't like Tea Tree, but I have to say that the smell isn't overpowering (no where even close to the smell a child would be left with if they had used lotion). I actually find it quite pleasant :)

I really really do recommend this/these products!

Here is the link for the products on their main website for anyone that wants to have a look :)

http://www.escentiheadlice.co.uk/products/
Borderline hippie, intersectional feminista, SJKW and general grump!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: Escenti Head Lice Products

#2 Unread post by Jenn » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:56 am

I used something similar when I worked at a school. I used the defense spray and I'm pretty certain it worked as after I started using it - I didn't suffer again which is good as it was so embarrassing!

Schmushe
Blissful

#3 Unread post by Schmushe » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:43 am

Cool - will have to look out for it.

(Touch wood) Josh has never had it - but he does have tea tree shampoo to have his hair washed at least once a month, so it might keep them at bay, plus his hair is short anyway. Do try to keep an eye on Alexas ....just in case!

ariesangel1985
Selling Sexy Wares

#4 Unread post by ariesangel1985 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:49 pm

My mum always sweared by tea tree when my sis & I were little. She used to put a few drops of the essential oil into a jug of water for a final hair rinse. x

Lauren
Hop-along

#5 Unread post by Lauren » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:53 am

As Lea said they work!

I wash my hair with these product once a week and touch wood i've never had them.

Well worth the money.

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by Gina73 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:06 pm

I use these products for Mia and have to agree with Lea they do def work - some of the supermarkets sometimes have it on BOGOF at times.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#7 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:32 pm

Faith came round yesterday and said today that her head itches so i just checked and she has a few nits. Ive never had any experience with them before so dont know the right from wrong products. Has this stuff actually worked to get rid of them for anyone or is it only good for keeping them away?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#8 Unread post by Gina73 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:40 pm

As you know Mia had these at the beginning of the week, I tried Hedrin and she still had them. I then had to her hair again and used Derbec M from the chemist and I checked again this morning and she still had some!!!!! I think the best way to get rid is to sit with a nit comb and get rid of them manually and just check them every day, def use the shampoo and conditioner and a leave on repellent spray it def deters them.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Return to “Reviews”