babychic

Hama Beads

Give us your honest review of a product you've bought and help other parents make informed decisions before they buy!
BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

Hama Beads

#1 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:51 pm

Id just like to say these are probably one of the best inventions EVER!! They are plastic beads that come in 3 different sizes. The larger ones for 3+, midi for 5+ and mini for 10+. You have different shape plates with pegs on them to place the beads onto. If you really like a pattern or picture, you can then use the ironing paper, or normal greaseproof paper, and iron them to make the beads stick together.

I used to love making patterns and pictures with these when i was little and then just a couple of weeks ago when OH and I were out looking for extra birthday presents for Faith, i saw these and had a blast from the past. OH wasnt sure and had never seen them before, but as they were quite cheap for a small packet of 1000 mixed beads (midi size), we bought a couple of packs with a couple of shape plates. We didnt really expect much enthusiasm from Faith but she loves them! Shes even taken one of the ironed patterns home with her so that she can take it to school tomorrow to do a show and tell about it.
Ive found i still enjoy doing them, its quite relaxing too and its nice that we now have something we both enjoy doing together when Brandon is in bed.

Weve said she can iron the ones she really likes and use them to decorate her bedroom. Its amazing how quiet it keeps her too! She normally doesnt stop talking from morning til night! :lol:

You can also buy these in box sets to make specific pictures like animals, princesses, lion king and some boyish ones too.

So if you have creative children who like hands on sort of things then i definately advise these as a stocking filler for xmas!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_0_4 ... refix=hama

You can buy them cheaper on ebay and also sold in The Entertainer toy shop too.
ImageImage
ImageImage

libralady
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#2 Unread post by libralady » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:17 am

I definately agree with you, my daughter had these and she had hours of fun with them, made loads of things with them, I used to do them as well, very theraputic.
Dianne - Mum to Daniel, Louise and Christian, wife to Ian.

weezypops
Site Guru

#3 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 am

Do you mind if I put this on the blog Claire? I think reviews etc. are really handy to have on there.

Clairebear
Shrinking before our very eyes

#4 Unread post by Clairebear » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:52 pm

We love Hama beads! Keeps both Ashleigh and I entertained for hours :lol: We even made a gorgeous butterfly mobile for her bedroom a couple of years ago with glitter beads :)

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#5 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:52 pm

Of course Louise. Anything to help :D
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Reviews”