babychic

Pampers Simply clean baby wipes

Give us your honest review of a product you've bought and help other parents make informed decisions before they buy!
Schmushe
Blissful

Pampers Simply clean baby wipes

#1 Unread post by Schmushe » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:25 am

Pampers simply clean baby wipes, cheaper than alot of other brands of baby wipes in the supermarket, currently at £1.00 for 72 wipes.

I ran out of wipes the other day and noticed that these were quite a reasonable price so picked them up and if I am honest, I regret buying them!
These wipes are supposed to be Super value, but in all honesty I wont be buying them again.

As soon as you open them the overwhelming smell of orange comes out the packet, which reminds me of kitchen / bathroom wipes. The wipes themselves are thin and not very big, meaning your having to use about 4 or 5 instead of 2 or 3, so more likely to run out quicker. They dont seem to 'clean' the bottom like other wipes either.

Perfect for household cleaning, wiping down surfaces or in the car for sticky hands or in the travel bag for outings etc.. but certainly not one for me to buy, even if they are only £1!!!

sheeina
Newlywed
Newlywed

wipes

#2 Unread post by sheeina » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:39 am

just thought id add i havent used the wipes but i have used nappies.
i bought them as ran out of pampers the otherday and ran into boots to get short supply for few days until i can bulk buy. i must admit they are quite good. they do a full nights sleep thats from 7pm till about 6am so for money im impressed.
sorry couldnt back up with wipes but i wont be trying them from your review thanks for saving my money!
Mummy to George

Total weight loss : 9lbs
total loss to go : 72lbs

Schmushe
Blissful

Re: wipes

#3 Unread post by Schmushe » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:13 am

sheeina wrote:just thought id add i havent used the wipes but i have used nappies.
I didnt realise they did nappies too!

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#4 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:12 am

schmushe wrote:
sheeina wrote:just thought id add i havent used the wipes but i have used nappies.
Theres that cheeky new advert advertising nappies and wipes at a good price hun.
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

Schmushe
Blissful

#5 Unread post by Schmushe » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:23 am

XxjacksmummyxX wrote:
schmushe wrote:
Theres that cheeky new advert advertising nappies and wipes at a good price hun.
Not had mh luck with the wipes, but will def give them a go - nappies are so expensive

jo
Little kid
Little kid

#6 Unread post by jo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:38 am

same here they are useless very small and thin. just like the cheapy 1's you can get. i only got them too because they were cheap defo wont buy them again.
[url=http://glitter-graphics.com/myspace/text_generator.php][img]http://text.glitter-graphics.net/floral/j.gif[/img][img]http://text.glitter-graphics.net/floral/o.gif[/img][/url]

twinklepaws
Student
Student

#7 Unread post by twinklepaws » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:01 am

I've been using the nappies for a few weeks and think they're great! I've used them for Ollie and Alfie and haven't had any leaks. And they are 3 packs for £10 in Asda, much cheaper than normal Pampers.

Haven't tried the wipes though, and don't think I will now lol
Mummy to Callum Josh Ben Ollie Alfie & Mia

Schmushe
Blissful

#8 Unread post by Schmushe » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:07 am

twinklepaws wrote:I've been using the nappies for a few weeks and think they're great! I've used them for Ollie and Alfie and haven't had any leaks. And they are 3 packs for £10 in Asda, much cheaper than normal Pampers.

Haven't tried the wipes though, and don't think I will now lol
How many nappie do you get per pack?

I have pamers active fit and can get 75 for £11.98 from asda

twinklepaws
Student
Student

#9 Unread post by twinklepaws » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:11 am

Ummm not sure. Only about 22, but it works out best for me as I'm buying 2 different sizes.
Mummy to Callum Josh Ben Ollie Alfie & Mia

Schmushe
Blissful

#10 Unread post by Schmushe » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:15 am

twinklepaws wrote:Ummm not sure. Only about 22, but it works out best for me as I'm buying 2 different sizes.
66 nappies for £10 still is quite reasonable

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#11 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:42 pm

Thanks for the warning - I hate smelly wipes. I liked the SImple ones when they were only a pound otherwise I buy Sainsburys own make when they have 1/3 or 1/2 price offers. Think I've got 6 packs upstairs!

They are very reasonable - the simply dry nappies. They are supposed to be the same qualoty as supermarket own brand but they haven't had any 4+ in the shops I've looked at and TESCO had their big boxes of pampers for 2 for £18 last week when I went.

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#12 Unread post by artyfartymack » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:09 pm

I cant stand pampers wipes or most brands to be honest. Even the unscented ones seem to have a scent. I use Asdas own or tescos own.

As for nappies we used to use asdas own but now use Sainsburies and can get 52 for £5.40 which isn't too bad

libralady
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#13 Unread post by libralady » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:16 pm

schmushe wrote:
]

How many nappie do you get per pack?

I have pamers active fit and can get 75 for £11.98 from asda
These are 10.00 pound a box at Tesco at the moment.
Dianne - Mum to Daniel, Louise and Christian, wife to Ian.

sheeina
Newlywed
Newlywed

makro

#14 Unread post by sheeina » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:42 pm

we bulk buy at makro normal get two boxes of 186 (i think) for £29
but they are £13 box at moment with no offer so not so good.

but the simple ones are really good im going to look at price in sainsbuys when i do my weekly shopping.
i must admit i have never put george in unbranded nappies fear they wont be asgood as my good old faithfull pampers. i am a branded companys best customer lol i by brand all the time on clothes food prams toileties etc sad i know and you prob will all cain me for it but if you like it buy it and i do like it. lol.
Mummy to George

Total weight loss : 9lbs
total loss to go : 72lbs

Kelly1983
Middle-ager
Middle-ager

#15 Unread post by Kelly1983 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:41 am

i just started buying the wipes but only for the smell lol, their a nicer smell than the dearer 1s (doesnt make sense)

Return to “Reviews”