babychic

Bed rail reviews please???

Give us your honest review of a product you've bought and help other parents make informed decisions before they buy!
Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Bed rail reviews please???

#1 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi there

I think we are going to need to get William a bed rail (or 2) for when he goes into a proper bed and I am already confused as there are lots of different types. So I'm asking if we really need them-I think I do as he does roll about a lot at the moment? and also which make is best in your opinion? William is getting a divan bed.

Thanks for your help

I'm currently looking at

http://www.johnlewis.com/230172091/Product.aspx because it isn't boyish/girlish and folds down for travel use.

or is this one better? http://www.johnlewis.com/230494661/Product.aspx

And Tomy also do one - I'm so confused!!!!!

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Schmushe
Blissful

#2 Unread post by Schmushe » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:17 pm

I have looked into bedrails, and most of them are similar, but different makes.
The one I preferred was one which folded down when wasnt in use against the bed side and then you flipped it up when it was needed, it had a metal frame with coloured fabric and mesh on the middle.
The only downside for me was it only fit certain matress widths, and as Alexa is going on to a double bottom bunk, it wouldnt fit as the poles go under the matress and hold on to the other side of the matress for stability.

Make sure you measure the matress size and make sure it fits before purchasing.

Other places do cheaper ones, Tesco, Mothercare etc.. and if you put it in the wanted section of netmums you will get people contact you with ones for sale (they are usually blue ones) and then its picking the price and picking it up!

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#3 Unread post by nubs » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:56 pm

we have the lindam one but we took the ends off that go the other side of the matress as Jack has a small double divan and had no problems with it
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

teenyweens
Settler
Settler

#4 Unread post by teenyweens » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:50 pm

We've got 2 pink lindams from Tesco, they fixed together under Megans' junior bed/mattress. There is a small gap between the mattress and rails but I have tucked the single duvet under the mattress (as a little big for the mattress) and place her cuddley toys along the edges. Got 2 pics to show u...

Megan doesn't try to climb out which I was expecting, she is good, but she does sometimes shake the rail, in the mornings, when she wants to get out of bed.

We like the rails and am pleased she does too.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:57 pm

wow - thanks for the photos! - your ones fold down don't they like Michelle suggested! I am a bit wary of going for blue ones - just incase we get a girl next time (I think its unlikely tho) but i think the john lewis mushroom lindam ones are the same? and only £3 more than at Tesco so possibly worth it in the end.

hmmm..... it's so complicated - we spent weeks deciding on a stair gate too!

teenyweens
Settler
Settler

#6 Unread post by teenyweens » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:23 pm

It is a nightmare huns, we got our gates from my twin sis....very lucky, one lindam and two others (don't know what make they are?). Plus my eldest sis just recently gave us her hexagon gate/playpen and it's brillant, better than using the travel cot playpens. Jus tmy personal taste hun.

ariesangel1985
Selling Sexy Wares

#7 Unread post by ariesangel1985 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:19 pm

I've just got a Tomy one off of netmums for Aimee for £10.

Altho its blue i'm not really bothered as it was only for our holiday.

It is larger than I expected it to be.

Caitlin never needed one, and havn't used one for Aimee as she is in a toddler ber which is fairly low to the ground, so she wont hurt herself if she falls, but the beds are divans when we go away, and that fall will hurt! better to be safe than sorry! x

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#8 Unread post by artyfartymack » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:39 pm

We wont use one when we take the sides off toms cot as it's low to the ground. Not sure about what my mums going to do yet though as she has a double divan and it's open on 3 sides including the bottom. How many rails would she use! I'm pretty sure TOm would try to climb over them to get out and it would actually cause more of an accident than if he fell so I think we will probably just be brave.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#9 Unread post by Jenn » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:55 pm

I have thought about being brave - but I think William would prefer to have it there as he loves his cot - still dithering over which one to buy tho

sheeina
Newlywed
Newlywed

bed rails

#10 Unread post by sheeina » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:28 pm

i know you said you didnt want a blue one due to further kids but have you tried choice in hadleigh or basildon i got my sons in there for about £8 so saving a bit of money.
x
Mummy to George

Total weight loss : 9lbs
total loss to go : 72lbs

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#11 Unread post by Jenn » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:27 am

Choice? Is that the Next retail outlet? I didn't know Next had a range od bed rails? or am i thinking about the wrong shop?

sheeina
Newlywed
Newlywed

bed rail

#12 Unread post by sheeina » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:41 pm

you have right shop but it is not just next he does few other bits and some other makes lipsy and cc
but luck of draw
worth i try as i think these are a bit of money.
good luck.
Mummy to George

Total weight loss : 9lbs
total loss to go : 72lbs

Return to “Reviews”