babychic

Please Nominate us...

For information on groups that support parents, families and children.
Schmushe
Blissful

Please Nominate us...

#1 Unread post by Schmushe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:10 pm

If anyone is going into Southend Waitrose in the near future, please could you nominate 'Little Acorns Southend SCBU Support group' to take part in the Community matters scheme.

For those that dont know what it is, basically Waitrose donates £1000 per month to 3 charities / causes, and when you shop there your given a green token, and its up to you which one you pick. Then they tally the tokens up and split the money accordingly.

As Little Acorns is a new group, we need all the money we can get via donations / fundraising and something like this could really help us to provide extra support for parents in Southend SCBU.

On my 'wish list':- More breastpumps (hand held and electronic), a better tv for the parents room, Some comfortable chairs for parents when they are holding their baby (especially those on ventilators), Some signs for some of the rooms to make it more obvious to people what the rooms are (Breastfeeding room, milk kitchen etc..)

All of this as you can appreciate - isnt going to come cheap, plus there are basic running costs of a group.

If you'd be happy to nominate us, then all you need to do is get a form from Waitrose, fill it in and hand it back - you'll need my details to go on it, (just drop me a line and I can let you know).

I really would appreciate it if we could get as many nominations as possible, the more we get, the better chance we have.

Thanks xxx

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Please Nominate us...

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:20 pm

I don't usually shop in Waitrose but if I happen to go in one I will!

Schmushe
Blissful

#3 Unread post by Schmushe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanks xx

Clairebear
Shrinking before our very eyes

#4 Unread post by Clairebear » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Wish I had seen this earlier, could have gone in when I went past it earlier. Will go there on the way to Garons next week x

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Going to Waitrose on Friday. Do you want to PM me the detais?

Schmushe
Blissful

#6 Unread post by Schmushe » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:04 pm

Cool - thanks guys

Return to “Support Groups”