babychic

New and foreign

New? Then introduce yourself here or in the relevant area below.
Belgian mum
Newborn
Newborn

New and foreign

#1 Unread post by Belgian mum » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Hi all,

I am a mum of 2 boys (almost 3y and 15 months). A month ago, we moved from Belgium to Witham for my husbands new job. Since then I am a stay at home mum and to be honesg, struggling with it. My oldest son used to go to school in Belgium and is now getting a bit bored at home. Since we are new to the town (and the country) we hardly know anybody, and my son doesn't have any friends here yet. In Belgium, we are not familiar with play-groups, we just don't have them. I would like to check them out, but don't know where to start. Is there an age limit? Can you just walk in and out at any time? Is there a fee? Do you need to register first?
All the help is very welcome!

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: New and foreign

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:22 pm

Hi, welcome to Essex Mums! I'm in Southend so not really near you but thought I would say hello anyway!

With most playgroups there is a small fee - usually 50p or a pound but you can just turn up. With more organised classes (music, gymnastics etc. you would have to book in advance and they are dearer).

As he is three he should also be entitled to 15 hours a week free childcare, so he could join a nursery or preschool. Have you been told about that?

Belgian mum
Newborn
Newborn

#3 Unread post by Belgian mum » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:58 am

Yes, we are anxiously awaiting his 3th birthday (november) so he can go back to school. In belgium school starts at age 2,5, se he is used to going and is asking very frequently when he will go back. We are currently looking at nursery's is the neighbourhood for him to join.

Thank you for your reply!

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

#4 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi I live in Braintree

I'm mummy to 3 boys Alex nearly 8, Brendan and Sean who are 6 and the girls Amy and Hayley who are 13months.
I currently don't have access to a car so getting to witham is a bit awkward for me at present.

The Harlequin centre run lots of groups and sessions and I can recommend spring lodge community centre as my friend works there
Leanne and children xxxx

Jeanette
The Nanny

#5 Unread post by Jeanette » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:45 pm

Hi there. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
I'm one of the older mums on here so don't know much about groups for youngsters but you will get a lot of help and advice from this lovely bunch of ladies.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

BBOThymn
Newborn
Newborn

-

#6 Unread post by BBOThymn » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:27 pm

hello

i am new to this site... i saw a reference to this site over on mtbr.

i have been riding since the beginning of this year.

... still learning and hoping to get more ride/trail time in

joel

Return to “Introductions - General”