babychic

??????

Pamela
Newborn
Newborn

??????

#1 Unread post by Pamela » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:10 pm

How does anyone find it being a single parent?
I find it so hard and really lonely at times, and struggle with the kids dad all the time when it comes to sorting out visits and things.
Does anyone else find this?
xxxx

Schmushe
Blissful

#2 Unread post by Schmushe » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:51 pm

I used to hate being a single parent, I was lonely and often found it difficult to manage all aspects of being a parent - particularly finiding time for myself.
I made sure my son was in a routine though, and unlike my neighbour, he used to go to bed at 7pm every night. Hers however would stay up till he fell asleep on the sofa and would often sleep with her.

kat
Teen
Teen

Re: ??????

#3 Unread post by kat » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:41 am

Pamela wrote:How does anyone find it being a single parent?
I find it so hard and really lonely at times, and struggle with the kids dad all the time when it comes to sorting out visits and things.
Does anyone else find this?
Hi Pamela.

I hope you are ok?

Have only just seen this thread and feel terrible for not replying. I hope you are still around and read this. When I was a single mum I found it incredibly hard and incredibly lonely. I had few friends with kids, so for the most part my evenings were spent alone, in front of the TV or reading. I felt like I was going insane. Somehow, I got through it and accepted that I could actually change my life and applied for my law degree.

My daughters father was worse than useless and hasnt seen her now for many years. Oddly enough, I found it easier when I didnt have to worry about whether he was turning up than when I did. It was entirely his choice of course, I never prevented him (until the last time we spoke) from seeing her. He was just crap at turning up and came up with all the excuses under the sun and I was fed up of my daughter being hurt so I told him to go to court. I said to my friends that if I got a solicitors letter through the door that would at least prove he was willing and I wouldnt have let it go to court. But, we never even got that, nor a birthday or christmas card. in fact, we have NO christmas or birthday cards from him come to think of it!

I am not going to say, 'try and keep your chin up' coz I think I would have punched someones chin I had such a hard time, but I am sorry to hear you feel low too sometimes.

I am here if you wanna chat.

K xxx
Of all the things I've lost...I miss my mind the most.....

mummy2jayden
Weight-loss Supremo

#4 Unread post by mummy2jayden » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:28 am

When I first had my son I found it really hard being a single parent with a newborn and not having a clue what i was doing. But now...totally different story I LOVE IT! and couldnt imagine having it any other way

Return to “Single Parents”