babychic

How Long Have You Been Single For?

Nicola1984
Middle-ager
Middle-ager

How Long Have You Been Single For?

#1 Unread post by Nicola1984 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:39 pm

I've Officially Been Single For 4 Days!!

Had Been With My Partner For 7 1/2 Years But The Past 4 Have Been Quite Rocky. Finally Asked Him To Leave On Friday Night And I'm Shocked At How Happy I Now Feel!

Essex Mums Book Challenge 2012: 299/20,000 Pages
Currently Reading:

HeatherH
Little kid
Little kid

#2 Unread post by HeatherH » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:48 pm

I've been serperated from my son's dad for 2 and a half years. As much as he was cheating scum, he's still the only guy I've ever loved, and I still don't think I'll get over him even now. I've had on off bfs, the one I'm with now i've been with for 5 months, so it's going well, I think.

Oh well only time will tell

Enjoy being single, it's great when you can make all your own decisions lol

Hev x
[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/3308/1743/33081743.png[/img][/url]

jenny
Explorer
Explorer

#3 Unread post by jenny » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:50 pm

well i been with mark 6ish years. been on and off last 4 years really. he hasnt lived with us since june last year. i think the same as you HeatherH its so hard but hes worn me down so much.

AlissasMummy
Newborn
Newborn

#4 Unread post by AlissasMummy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:17 pm

Since Feb 06

No chance of us getting back together again he's moved to Slough and rarely sees our daughter!

Angn'Oli
Newborn
Newborn

Re: How Long Have You Been Single For?

#5 Unread post by Angn'Oli » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:24 pm

I have been with my partner for just over 3 years n' the last year has been just cr*p; I just feel like I have been fighting him all the time in order to try and get him to accept what being a family means! We have got to the point where we hardly say two words to each other, we defo don't do anything together and I just feel so drained with it all!

I have been thinking for sometime that I will go it alone, although am scared to death what will happen to me. I know I need to be strong for my lil bean, but financially I don't think I will be able to make ends meet and also unstettling all is playing on my mind.

I just feel so dead from the neck down with him and know I cant carry on like this; I have been to view a fe flats, but all of these were awful..

Any advice out there on trying to make this sound easier than it is?

A :0( :(

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by artyfartymack » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:02 pm

Angn'Oli wrote:I have been with my partner for just over 3 years n' the last year has been just cr*p; I just feel like I have been fighting him all the time in order to try and get him to accept what being a family means! We have got to the point where we hardly say two words to each other, we defo don't do anything together and I just feel so drained with it all!

I have been thinking for sometime that I will go it alone, although am scared to death what will happen to me. I know I need to be strong for my lil bean, but financially I don't think I will be able to make ends meet and also unstettling all is playing on my mind.

I just feel so dead from the neck down with him and know I cant carry on like this; I have been to view a fe flats, but all of these were awful..

Any advice out there on trying to make this sound easier than it is?

A :0( :(
I know how you feel hun. I love my hubby to death but he is totally useless and does not understand the concept of family. I've often thought about leaving him, but cant bring myself to do it or to go it alone. No real advice for you I'm afraid but heres a big (((hug)))

lemonie17
Player
Player

#7 Unread post by lemonie17 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:19 pm

i have been where you are..it is scary, but in the end you'll decide what is best for and your daughter. Me and my hubby argue a LOT! but i still love him and i know its mainly down to money worries and stress...but at the moment the good days still outweigh the bad days, if it ever goes the other way, and theres more bad days than good, then i know will leave....
i hope you get things sorted. its a horrible situation to be in. i do feel for you.
[img]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/lemonie17/summerfunsiggy.jpg[/img]

danielle
Newborn
Newborn

#8 Unread post by danielle » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:07 pm

I've been living alone since october 05

mummy2jayden
Weight-loss Supremo

#9 Unread post by mummy2jayden » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:12 pm

Me since April 07!
Mummy To Gorgeous 2 Year Old Jayden

Total Weight Lost: 6st 8lb ... 10lb to go!

lea-marie
Charli's Angel

#10 Unread post by lea-marie » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:42 pm

Though I have a partner, and we've been together for 2 years, he does not live with me, so I still class myself as a single parent - and have been for nearly 5 years! lol
Borderline hippie, intersectional feminista, SJKW and general grump!

hikey
Newborn
Newborn

#11 Unread post by hikey » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:26 pm

I've been single since I found out I was pregnant 3 and a half years ago and Ailsa's father told me he never wanted to see me again - pretty damn depressing at the time but it's all good now, wouldn't have it any other way! Got a lovely boyf now, and we did try moving in together but I couldn't stand it so he left after one week and back to being a single ma again (still with boyfriend but not living together). Think I just like being the boss of the house too much and having Ailsa all to myself! Would like some more lil'uns though so I guess I can't stay with this attitude forever, but enjoying our own space with no messy men around for the mo!

girlshavingfun
Newborn
Newborn

#12 Unread post by girlshavingfun » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:11 pm

I have been single for 6months and counting!!! and enjoying every single minute of it :D after being with my ex for nearly 10 years (married for nearly 5) my life hasn't changed

waxbutterfly
Newborn
Newborn

#13 Unread post by waxbutterfly » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:44 pm

About 5 Months! 'd had enough of my ex's ummm lets say "life choices" by the time I was 7 months pregnant and made the difficult step to move back to my parents and leave him to his "ways". Best decision all round. Am starting to worry about lonliness when I get a place of my own again though :S

weezypops
Site Guru

#14 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Wow, that must have been a tough decision to make when you were pregnant!

waxbutterfly
Newborn
Newborn

#15 Unread post by waxbutterfly » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:29 pm

weezypops wrote:Wow, that must have been a tough decision to make when you were pregnant!

luckily I have a very strong family around me who supported me and helped me. :D I'm very lucky and so is my son. :D

Return to “Single Parents”