babychic

FUNDING FOR TWO YEAR OLDS!!!

For all childcare notices, and information about nurseries and creches
artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#16 Unread post by artyfartymack » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:23 pm

Claire I hope you dont think I feel 'that way' I most certainly dont and I dont think I am any better then anyone for working.

Julie - A measly £40 goes a long way towards my food bill every week and the measly £10 I get from tax credits helps too. Not to forget the medical assistance I get from the NHS. I think you should be greatfull for what you do get. it might not be much and yes I know you have paid a lot in taxes etc, but there are lots and lots of government initiatives you would be eligible for if you look hard enough. As for not being able to undertake training because you earn too much this is not the case. Look hard enough and there is funding out there to help you. I should know as I fund it!

xJuliex

#17 Unread post by xJuliex » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:45 pm

Claire, the £40 I referred to was my tax credits I get a month and please don't tell me to be grateful for something. It's incredibly patronising! And if there is funding out there for me to further my education and I seriously doubt there are many, why are they so hard to find? It makes a mockery of the system.

I am going to leave this topic now and no doubt let you have the last word on it. :roll:

Claire (clairebear), I think you are a great person and I am sorry for any offence I caused.
Julie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmxxn8N/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wmxxn8N/weight.png[/img]

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#18 Unread post by artyfartymack » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:37 am

Dont leave Julie, thats silly. I am not being patronising, you just sounded so bloody ungratefull. You should count yourself lucky you can keep a roof over your head and put food on your table as there are a lot of people out there who will have nothing this Christmas.

As for finding the funding you refer to it is easy to find if you ask for help thats what employment and training advisors are there for. I would be only too happy to do an assessment for you but you will need to answer a lot of personal questions about your income and what type of training you want to do and what you have already done. If you are happy to let me have this information in confidence I will happily do the research for you. The offer is there.

kat
Teen
Teen

#19 Unread post by kat » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi all, can see this got heated. Just wanted to say I have been on all sides since leaving home at 16 yrs old. I have struggled with the system when entitled to benefits and struggled with the system when not entitled to benefits. I once waited 11 weeks for benefits I was only entitled to for 9 weeks. On another occassion, no fault of my own and one of the first before new rules in place, I was overpaid tax credits and the repurcussions were intense. Throughout that time I had free dental, eye tests etc, help with childcare etc etc. Now I am married, in fantastic employment etc and DH and I are not entitled to ANYTHING, have to pay for EVERYTHING and it sometimes works out (if we have to pay out dental one month, or activities for kids I used to get free) that we have less money than when I was on my own with eldest child and on benefits BUT I would rather that than have to practically beg some middle aged woman at the jobcentre or council offices for help, or fill out another degrading form ever again. This country just can't get it right, or please all the people all the time, but it also has a big stigma in society against those who are on benefits, and it causes arguments such as the one I just read, and that, I find really sad. We should all help, support and respect each other and make the best of a crummy system.
Of all the things I've lost...I miss my mind the most.....

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#20 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:27 pm

I dont think anyone meant to offend anyone else on here girlies.
We are all lovelyyyy peopllllleeee :D
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

LucyJohns1
Newborn
Newborn

Re: financial help

#21 Unread post by LucyJohns1 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:37 am

Hey,

When my little one Paris was born, the father disappeared and it was just me and her. It was difficult as I didnt want to rely on handouts or other things to help me. I had an old works pension form when I worked up in London that was frozen, I was contacted by a company about releasing it. I was very wary and skeptical and spoke to a lot of friends before I contact them back. But it was fantastic.

I managed to recieve around 20% of the pension to help me now and invested the rest to make sure im looked after when i hit old bones lol.

I would be happy to pass on details as i know in the economy we are in is tough. email me on lajohns@hotmail.co.uk and ill pass on details

much love

Lucy xx

Return to “Nurseries, Creches & Childminders”