babychic

Counselling for Children, Young People and Adults

For sharing information about local health services, including doctors, hospitals, health visitors and alternative therapy.
DawnCounselling
Newborn
Newborn

Counselling for Children, Young People and Adults

#1 Unread post by DawnCounselling » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:28 pm

I am a fully qualified counsellor, practicing in a predominately person-centred way with the relationship at the heart of therapy and providing you with a warm, supportive, secure and confidential space to explore how you really feel. It is my belief that by offering a non-judgmental, and authentic relationship that healing and change can take place. I offer both talking and creative therapy with the use of art materials and sand play, if required for ADULTS and YOUNG PEOPLE.

Counselling is about taking time out to help to make sense of things that can feel very difficult and overwhelming, affecting everyday life.
My aim is to work alongside you in a calm, confidential, accepting and non-judgemental way, helping you to gain a better understanding of yourself and exploring with you ways you might wish to make changes to, or come to terms with, your current situation.
I strongly believe in the power we all have within ourselves to grow and make a difference to our lives. I have experience working with bereavement, loss, loss by suicide, trauma, anxiety, depression, stress, suicidal thoughts, self harm, eating disorders, abuse, and domestic violence.

I also offer person centred play sessions for CHILDREN. Play is the natural medium for children to ‘act out’ their experiences, helping them to explore and make sense of their inner world. Raising confidence, self esteem and to become more resilient.

Sometimes a child may develop patterns of behaviour that may be causing disruption to their lives and to the lives of those around them. Recognisable signs may be excessive anger, fear or worry that may be affecting a child’s development and their ability to get along with their family and friends at school.

Play therapy is used to help children communicate at their level and at their own pace. Enabling them to express themselves, explore their thoughts and feelings, and make sense of their life experiences. Thus, promoting resilience, confidence and helping to develop a more positive view of their place in the world.

“When you’re free, you can play
and when you’re playing, you become free”
Heidi Kaduson

Dawn Counselling Services is based in Hullbridge Essex, near Rayleigh, Hockley, Ashingdon, Rochford, Wickford, Leigh on Sea and Southend on Sea.

Please feel free to contact me for further information:

www.dawncounsellingservices.com

dawncounsellingservices@gmail.com

Return to “Medical”