babychic

Nose bleeds in Children

For sharing information about local health services, including doctors, hospitals, health visitors and alternative therapy.
XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

Nose bleeds in Children

#1 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Wed May 08, 2013 9:05 am

Hi ya girlies. I no nose bleeds can be common for some but do we no what the reason can be? My lil bro is nearly 12 and had an awful nose bleed that he woke up to. Mum said there was lots including a puddle of it which the duvet has now been thrown away. I no she is going to question with the doctor today. Could it be hormonal given his age? Do you have any experience with them? Michelle hun I no Alexa suffers. Do they no why? Thanks in advance girls. Dom suffered when he was at high school but of course people can be diff x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: Nose bleeds in Children

#2 Unread post by Jenn » Wed May 08, 2013 10:17 am

I suffered a lot as a child and only occasionally now as you do grow out of them. I know I was offered an operation where they would cut and burn the inside of the nostril to stop the blood flow so much. My mum refused tho. (phew!) But I was getting hour long bleeds - at least once a week (my parents were so used to panicking staff at the school phoning them that once my mum phoned dad at work and spoke to an assistant pretending to be the teacher, my dad overheard the beginning of the fake conversation and instead of talking on the phone himself, he rushed off to the car and went to school LOL of course no mobiles so he only found out after he turned up at school!)

does he suffer from hayfever? I always go through a nasty spell of nose bleeds about 2 weeks before hayfever season starts.

Could be hormonal tho? Makes sense!

XxJack~AcexX

#3 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Wed May 08, 2013 11:02 am

Thanks Jenn. Good to hear experiences. Had a PM too with info so will pass the info on. He has a docs app tonight too so will go from there. No hayfever as far as we are aware. Another reason to be seen I think as hasn't happened before. X
ImageImage

ImageImage

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by Gina73 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:31 pm

How did the appointment go Gemma? x
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

XxJack~AcexX

#5 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Fri May 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Thanks hun I haven't posted since.
The doc said he will give him the benefit of the doubt and if happens again will refer him to the ENT. He said it could have even been a scab that he picked in the night up his nose? So we will see hun.
Thanks x
ImageImage

ImageImage

Return to “Medical”