babychic

What to expect in Year 3 Juniors

Wondering about schools in your area? Have a gripe or recommendation? Share it here.
Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

What to expect in Year 3 Juniors

#1 Unread post by Gillybean » Mon May 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi there

I just wondered if any mummies with children who have already gone into Junior school could give me some advice as what to expect and what is expected of the children as my daughter will be going up in September and I think she will find it a struggle especially with homework

gill

Schmushe
Blissful

Re: What to expect in Year 3 Juniors

#2 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon May 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Gill

obviously josh goes up in sept and the school have already said they don't do too much homeork in yr 3. It is mainly spelling, Reading and times tables along with projects as and when. I would day though that we have been told they are alot stricter in juniors
Have you been invited to the jnr open day yet? Ours is in July. Where you can look round and ask questions

I think it's going to be a shock for alot if them. Going from the eldest to the youngest again

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#3 Unread post by Gillybean » Mon May 24, 2010 3:58 pm

I am worried though Michelle how Abigail will cope if she is pushed harder, my worry is her behaviour will start to get worse

Schmushe
Blissful

#4 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon May 24, 2010 4:50 pm

The only thing you can do is have a word with the school. She has to go to Jnr school and has to do what they do too. The schools will have plans in place for behaviour and things and hopefully she wont need them, and will do what she has to do on a day to day basis.
Yes she may be pushed a little bit harder, but she might suprise you and do really well because of it

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#5 Unread post by Gillybean » Mon May 24, 2010 5:38 pm

thanks Michelle

I think there is an open day in july for her too and Dillon as he is going up to year one already, where does the time go.

Hopefully she will suprise us in a good way just havr to wait and see i suppose.

Schmushe
Blissful

#6 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon May 24, 2010 6:12 pm

Like I said gill, there really is nothing that can be done, if she plays up, she plays up! the school should be able to put something in place for her behaviour wise - they deal with kids all the time who are more challenging so will know how best to deal with her.

Abi has always been a law upon herself - pmsl - she seems more of an active child than a classroom child, and most teachers know how to tap into that and get them to perform.

It might just be that she needs to take a bit of time out from homework and start afresh in spetember, we put too much pressure on these kids and they are coming towards the end of the final year and need a break!!

I know a few kids in Joshs class whos behaviour has changed and they say its due to all the changes coming up!

natalie1982
Toddler
Toddler

#7 Unread post by natalie1982 » Tue May 25, 2010 8:25 pm

my daughter went up last septemeber and tbh loves junior school ive not noctiched any real difference yeh she gets more homework but its not overally hard she hasnt struggled with any

i would have have a word with the teacher the only think i can add is obv now shes around older kids so ive started getting cheek from her lol
Holly (7), Matthew (5), Samuel (2)

Return to “Schools”