babychic

Parents 1st

Information about events and fun things to do in the Essex area.
MelanieLarke
Tween
Tween

Parents 1st

#1 Unread post by MelanieLarke » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:44 pm

In-Person Postnatal Fitness Sessions

Every Tuesday in December, 10.30am-12.30pm at St Catherine’s Hall, Southend Road, Wickford, SS11 8DZ.

Postnatal Exercise Sessions - Great after lockdown. Meet Other Mums. Feel fitter. Have a drink and chat.

Exercise sessions will be adapted to suit all fitness levels, so even if you have never exercised before, come along and give it a go! You might surprise yourself!

Benefits to Mums include:

• Improved mood and wellbeing

• Quicker return to pre-pregnancy weight

• Improved bladder control (Strengthens pelvic floor)

• Less back pain and improved posture

• Helps to reduce tiredness

• Improved circulation

• Strengthens core muscles

• Make new friends and create a feel good factor

Speak to Sally, our friendly fitness trainer to find out more. Telephone: 07818 091 042. Please note, you will only be able to attend 8 sessions in total to allow for other Mums to benefit from these sessions.

MelanieLarke
Tween
Tween

Re: Parents 1st

#2 Unread post by MelanieLarke » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:38 pm

Me and My Community course

Dates: Thursday, from 28 April - 7 July from 9.30am - 12.30pm

Venue:
The Beech Community Hub
8 Austen Road
Basildon
SS14 3RZ

This FREE 10-week course is an opportunity for members of the local community to explore opportunities to support other parents with children and develop skills including:

Learn about the benefits of peer support
Develop active listening skills
Discover new talents

The 10-week course has a weekly session of approximately 3 hours to allow all participants to benefit fully from the course. This is a fantastic way for people to immerse themselves in a friendly course that will benefit both them and their community, discovering volunteer opportunities and gaining insight into themselves, as well as learning something new.

Book via the website https://lght.ly/igoe52i or give us a call to discuss the course in more detail: 01268 525758

Return to “What to Do”