babychic

Child-friendly restaurants and pubs

Information about events and fun things to do in the Essex area.
weezypops
Site Guru

Child-friendly restaurants and pubs

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:55 pm

Anyone got any good recommendations for child-friendly restaurants and pubs in the Essex area? Places we've taken Felix where he's been welcomed include:

Taj Mahal - Pitsea
Benfleet Tandoori - Benfleet
Ortega - Southend
The Trading House - Westcliff
Mama Mia! - Westcliff

We got turned away at the Ancora restaurant in Hadleigh though. :(
Last edited by weezypops on Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#2 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi ya. didnt wana just read and run. The place i finf really nice, its more of a casual place to eat tho is bhs in southend. There restaurants is fab for there kiddie meals and for £2.99 is ideal fro them and has plenty of room. I can also recommed Ortega in Southend. Will get my thinking hat on about any others. Xx :)

NuttyMummy
Baby
Baby

#3 Unread post by NuttyMummy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:39 pm

The Grove in Leigh is another one!

jade'n'bump
Newborn
Newborn

#4 Unread post by jade'n'bump » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:59 pm

most places in leigh are family friendly (maybe not purse friendly though)...

The Elms in Leigh, although it is a wetherspoons and therefore a family pub, tends to be full of drinkers and after about 6pm the language in there is quite colourful.... :roll:

tantan
Newborn
Newborn

#5 Unread post by tantan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:07 pm

just thought i would add my bit. been to alot of restuarants and East on Alexander Street, Acropolis (Greek) on station road when you get to teh end of Hamlet court Road, and cha cha on hamlet court road. Westcliff is quite good for food really. and we do frequent nandos as well.
Hope that helps a few people. there is so much more but eh leave that for another time.
:wink:

JACQUI
Newborn
Newborn

#6 Unread post by JACQUI » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:00 pm

vie bar in leigh is really buggy friendly in the day, the cafe opp called out of this world is awful""" you have to leave buggy outside and they wouldnt let me feed holly brought in food!!!!!!!!!

claire
Toddler
Toddler

The Lodge

#7 Unread post by claire » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:33 pm

The Lodge on the A132 into South Woodham Ferrers is great and very reasonable too. (£4.95 in the week for carvery)

They were very child friendly and had a huge menu for adults and children besides the carvery. I would highly recommend it.

Claire
x

HeatherH
Little kid
Little kid

#8 Unread post by HeatherH » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:09 pm

The Castle in Hadleigh is good, they supply a high chair and are generally very friendly, they' don't have a snazzy childs menu, but they do have the option of small portions of the usual food, my 3yr old enjoys it

Hev x
[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/3308/1743/33081743.png[/img][/url]

lou_n_boo
Newborn
Newborn

#9 Unread post by lou_n_boo » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi thought i would add a few

Ortega in Harlow is fab and the last sunday in the month they do family fun day.

White heart in Chelmsford, it has a wacky warehouse under it which is cheap and very very clean and then a pub up top to eat and drink in

Queen B in Chelmsford again its a pub with a soft play area above it.

The Moorhen in Harlow, this again is a family pub with soft play and outdoor play areas, set along side a river so you can walk along the river and feed the ducks after eating.

The water margin in Harlow, its a chinese buffet so cheap and cheerful but they love kids in there and always come and chat to them and give them a lolly pop after the meal.

The potters Arms in Harlow, this is a lovely family pub with an outdoor section for the kids, in the summer its lovely to sit outside with a drink and watch the kids play.

Thats all i can think of for now but will try think of some more x

lauraannek
Expectant
Expectant

#10 Unread post by lauraannek » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:36 pm

The Macaroni Grill is fetival leisure park is fab - good kids menu and they give the kids crayons and menus to colour in plus they cover the tables in paper tablecothes that the kiddies are allowed to scribble all over!!!!!!!!

kat
Teen
Teen

#11 Unread post by kat » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:56 am

Lol @ Lou.... Me thinks you are the restaraunt queen, fab :) The Mulberry Tree in Braintree is great for kids, indoor and outdoor play areas, and not too far from Freeport (if you like that kind of shopping) x

daisydo
Newborn
Newborn

#12 Unread post by daisydo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:35 pm

JACQUI wrote:vie bar in leigh is really buggy friendly in the day, the cafe opp called out of this world is awful""" you have to leave buggy outside and they wouldnt let me feed holly brought in food!!!!!!!!!
totally agree with jacqui, they tried to get me to put logan in a high chair when he was 6 weeks old and when e expained that he couldnt support his own head at that age they told us that it was our problem not theirs!!! :x
walked over to vie instead and they were very welcoming!
x

weezypops
Site Guru

#13 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:50 pm

daisydo wrote:[

totally agree with jacqui, they tried to get me to put logan in a high chair when he was 6 weeks old and when e expained that he couldnt support his own head at that age they told us that it was our problem not theirs!!! :x
:shock:

mitchellmonkey
Achiever
Achiever

#14 Unread post by mitchellmonkey » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:56 pm

Whats the name of the pub/restaurant just past tropical wings, right on the round about on the way to south woodham ferres, we always pass it on the way to maldon and marsh farm. It has a big fenced in garden with a big out door play thing for the children. Maybe we could all meet there for lunch one day, in the warm weather of course :D

For your high quality fragrances and make up or to join our growing team of distributors visit www.myfmbusiness.com/nickygrant

weezypops
Site Guru

#15 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:32 pm

I don't know the area, but thanks - that's reminded me of something I wanted to ask!

Return to “What to Do”