babychic

Child-friendly restaurants and pubs

Information about events and fun things to do in the Essex area.
Kelly1983
Middle-ager
Middle-ager

#31 Unread post by Kelly1983 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:12 pm

Wacky Warehouse White Hart
Colchester Road, Springfield, Chelmsford, Essex

lauraannek
Expectant
Expectant

#32 Unread post by lauraannek » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:04 pm

I know Louise mentioned the trading rooms in Westcliff but any of their chians round here are lovely and friendly, The Exchange in Southchurch, The Hamlet in Hamlet Court rd etc.

Also the Toby Carvery at the bell where really good!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

weezypops
Site Guru

#33 Unread post by weezypops » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:39 pm

Yeah, the Toby carvery is great actually - they give you a bowl for the little 'uns and you don't have to pay. You can give them a bit of your meat and go back for as much veg as you want.

I didn't know those pubs were part of the same chain!

lauraannek
Expectant
Expectant

#34 Unread post by lauraannek » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:54 pm

yeah they are all part of The Estuary Pub Company, there local ones are;

The Trading Rooms - Westcliff
The Exchange - Southchurch
The Mariners - Leigh
The Hamlet - Hamlet Court Road
Bellinis - Leigh/London Road
Louis XIV - Leigh

Although Ive never been to Bellinis with childen and havent actually been to Louis XIV at all.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Partyman Company
Newborn
Newborn

#35 Unread post by Partyman Company » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Partyman World of Play is fantastic! We have two playcentres at Basildon and Lakeside!

Fully licensed bar and restaurant, gives you an opportunity to relax with a nice cuppa whilst the children burn off some steam on our giant volcano, startastic slides, go karts, toddler area, sensory zone, climbing wall plus much much more!

Prices

1 and under......£1.00
2-3years..........£4.00
4-11years.........£6.50
12-13years.......£2.50

For further queries visit our website www.partymanworld.co.ukImage

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#36 Unread post by Gina73 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:40 pm

We went for a chinese meal at Mr Pings in Southchurch Road (between Tesco petrol station and Belle Vue motors). They did an all you can eat for 11 quid for adults and half price for children. They were really friendly and Mia had a great time.

At the end of the meal as Mia hadnt really eaten loads they didnt even charge us for her :shock: , :shock:

Would definately recommend them, not sure if they do high chairs though to be honest.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#37 Unread post by Jenn » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:35 pm

We tend to just go to Pizza Express (as someone else mentioned). William loves their food and it is a pleasant experience for us too. William is a bit young for it but they do a bambinoccino - free of charge - basically just frothy milk with a little choco
late sprinkled on top of it - makes the children feel all grown up.

Frankie and Benny's is also good but I wouldn't recommen the Southend branch!

We went to a Beefeater in Colchester on our holiday - and they had a really extensive childrens menu! They also swapped all the vegetables on Williams plate for us as he didn't like the things it came with.

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#38 Unread post by artyfartymack » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:01 pm

I can recommend Cafe A Moore in Thomas Moore place Brentwood. They are really baby friendly, have fab high chairs and serve kids meals on childrens plates with kids cutlery etc. Not sure about changing table etc as I didn't need to use it but I'm sure they could accomodate you considering how mice they are. The door is a bit of a problem to get in as there is a step, but as soon as they see you struggling they come and help you in!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#39 Unread post by Jenn » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:21 pm

We went to the Slug and Lettuce for lunch today.

They were really friendly, had loads of highchairs, a nice childrens menu, £4 for meal, fruit shoot and ice cream, colouring sheet and crayons. William had grilled chicken breast, chips and beans.

They also had children's cutlery which I was very impressed with as I have never been anywhere that had special childrens cutlery (plastic handles but metal fork,spoon,knife). They gave William a nice blue pirate set to use but also had a pink selection and yellow too.

Just thought I'd share as William enjoyed it and the adult menu is nice too!

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#40 Unread post by artyfartymack » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:52 pm

I'm going to add the Sadns bistro and wine bar on Southend Seafront (Southend Radio Building at the end of Adventure Island). Louise and I went there today and at first were a bit scared it would be too posh for toddlers, but once we were seated the staff brought over colouring for the boys and were quite attentive to their needs. Food is reasonably priced and it has a small kids menu with the traditional kids meals (freshly cooked though so not frozen, fatty stuff). Lots of high chairs and a very swanky baby change/disabled loo.

weezypops
Site Guru

#41 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:34 pm

^^ Seconded!

lauraannek
Expectant
Expectant

#42 Unread post by lauraannek » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:52 pm

I know the owner of Sands and he does know his stuff and his customers needs and if his staff aren't providing what people need he isnt afraid to change it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

manicwelshrabbit
Newborn
Newborn

#43 Unread post by manicwelshrabbit » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:06 pm

The Bull Inn in Hockley, just by the woods is Excellent! :D
Lisa

Schmushe
Blissful

#44 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:30 pm

I know its been mentioned but I will mention again....

The Wok and Grill - Southend - KIDS EAT FREE AT THE MO, all you can eat plus desserts, (which arnt great, but the ice cream and fruit salad was yummy), and for 4 of us it came in at £40, I was a bit annoyed we had to tell him how much we were going to tip, I normally just leave it on the tray.

Frankie and Bennys - Southend - Kids get a colouring sheet and highchairs available, meals arnt too expensive and you can have a free portion of vegtables as a side to childrens meals. Downside is they do take a while to get the food out sometimes.

The Bell - Southend - Great for kids, queuing isnt fun on Sundays in particular and often have to wait for a seat, now have to pay for parking outside but you get that off your meal if you take the ticket in.

The Shorehouse, The Bellhouse, Tarpots (Harvester) - all friendly, children get colouring and hoghchairs are available. Great as you can chose the salads to keep kids occupied while meals are being cooked, children get a good sized portion of food.

The Anne Boleyn, The Travellers Joy (Hungry Horse) - Both great for if you are hungry and want to have 3 courses for 4 for about £30!! Kids get activity pack and a balloon. Kids meals are healthy as you can chose from a range (mix and match).

Dick Turpin (A127) - kids get colouring sheets, the food is mix and match so its not all chips and beans, food can be a bit 'iffy' but great for on the way home from Lakeside etc..

sheeina
Newlywed
Newlywed

meals out

#45 Unread post by sheeina » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:39 pm

its got to be Marcos is rayleigh for a nice meal
george has had all the adult food as all home cooked. he loves the garlic bread he has a whole portion to himself.
lovely staff but would recommend day only as night time is a winebar also.
fab food fab staff and fab price (day offer)
Mummy to George

Total weight loss : 9lbs
total loss to go : 72lbs

Return to “What to Do”