babychic

Child-friendly restaurants and pubs

Information about events and fun things to do in the Essex area.
daisydo
Newborn
Newborn

#16 Unread post by daisydo » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:37 am

mitchellmonkey wrote:Whats the name of the pub/restaurant just past tropical wings, right on the round about on the way to south woodham ferres, we always pass it on the way to maldon and marsh farm. It has a big fenced in garden with a big out door play thing for the children. Maybe we could all meet there for lunch one day, in the warm weather of course :D
Its called Shaw Farm pub.
Its lovely, and i just posted on the beer garden thread, its got ducks wandering around which is lovely for kids.
x

weezypops
Site Guru

#17 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:43 am

Ooh, sounds nice! Perhaps a nice sunday afternoon pub.

mitchellmonkey
Achiever
Achiever

#18 Unread post by mitchellmonkey » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:01 pm

yeah the one yeah, right on the roundabout :D

For your high quality fragrances and make up or to join our growing team of distributors visit www.myfmbusiness.com/nickygrant

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#19 Unread post by Gina73 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:56 pm

mitchellmonkey wrote:Whats the name of the pub/restaurant just past tropical wings, right on the round about on the way to south woodham ferres, we always pass it on the way to maldon and marsh farm. It has a big fenced in garden with a big out door play thing for the children. Maybe we could all meet there for lunch one day, in the warm weather of course :D
Not sure of the name of the pub but I have heard good reviews about it aswell, is def a summer pub. Never been there, so may have to try it out some time.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

claire
Toddler
Toddler

#20 Unread post by claire » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:33 pm

Its a good pub - has a carvery as well as a "normal" menu. Be warned thought, it can get very busy especially on a Sunday afternoon.

There is another pub / hotel called the lodge on the A132 before you get to that roundabout. It is on the left opposite the caravan park by the yelow flags. They do carvery and a huge menu from a blackboard. They have a garden and play stuff for the kids and is well worth a trip.

Claire
x

yummum
Newborn
Newborn

#21 Unread post by yummum » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:31 pm

shaw farm :wink:
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lilypie.com/pic/080213/LnAA.jpg[/img][img]http://b3.lilypie.com/98hV0/.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lilypie.com/pic/080423/QFCH.jpg[/img][img]http://b1.lilypie.com/THWyp1/.png[/img][/url]

Nicola1984
Middle-ager
Middle-ager

#22 Unread post by Nicola1984 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:55 pm

Places I've Been With The Girls And Had Lovely Meals And Been Welcomed Are:

The Haywain - Basildon

Frankie & Benny's - Braintree & Basildon

The Shorehouse (I Think!) - Shoeburyness

Essex Mums Book Challenge 2012: 299/20,000 Pages
Currently Reading:

Den Owen
Newborn
Newborn

#23 Unread post by Den Owen » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:51 pm

Siam City in Southend is fantastic.

They're really friendly and don't mind the little ones having a bit of a wander. In the past, I asked for a sugar free juice for my son, they said yes, when they realized they didn't have any they went to the shop up the road and bought some just for him. The only down side, it's quite small in there...the food really is worth it though!!!
Den, mum to Alexander, 6 and Tejon, 1.

weezypops
Site Guru

#24 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:27 pm

^^ That's really nice. wow, if only everywhere would go out of their way like that!

Bumble
Difficult Teenager
Difficult Teenager

#25 Unread post by Bumble » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:59 pm

The rose inn in wakering is gd and there's a chinese down hamlet court rd, its a buffet on a sunday and they were really friendly wiv my lo. Cant remember what its called tho!

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#26 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi ya. Just to let you all no that the Wok and Grill in Southend is fab also. Its a chinese and is situated next to Varsity at the back of the old keddies building. We have been there for a buffet lunch and the food is great and they were great with the kiddies. They also have yummy desserts thats part of the price which they loved of Ice Cream and Cones, Jelly, Cake and Fruit. My lil man though this was excellent bless him. They have high chairs if needed.
Price for lunch is £6.50 for adults and £3.50 for children. Well worth it i feel.

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#27 Unread post by artyfartymack » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:08 pm

Izumi in Brentwood (at the ski slope/go karting track) is a new chinese buffett similar to Aroma at Festival Leisure. They have highchairs and the staff are so friendly that they will take your little one for a walk if they cry, give them their bottle and treat them like an adult which is really nice.

weezypops
Site Guru

#28 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:19 pm

Ortega in Southend (at the top near the cinema) is very child-friendly. Nice and spacious and it's tapas so they can share your food.

Clairebear
Shrinking before our very eyes

#29 Unread post by Clairebear » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:43 pm

Pizza Express are getting really child friendly now. The one on London Road in Southend is really good. They now have high chairs and a childrens menu. The children have their own starters, salad course and main course so they feel all grown up, but there's not so much food that they can't finish it. We took Sophie there once when Ashleigh was away and she was treated like a princess!!

janew
Tween
Tween

Child friendly eating in Leigh

#30 Unread post by janew » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:30 pm

Hi, My boys (9 and 12) love the Estuary on Leigh Broadway, especially their ham (off the bone) egg and chips. The service is a bit slow sometimes (very busy) but they're always friendly and welcoming to the children.

For takeaway sandwiches, etc., Liquid Flair, round the corner opposite the Grand Hotel is fantastic! Their sandwiches are made to order, great selection, lovely and fresh. Their milkshakes are the best we've come across anywhere, and they deliver.

Happy New Year!
Best wishes,
Jane.

Return to “What to Do”