Slimming World friendly, Syn Free Thai Green Chicken Curry
• 2 red chillies, deseeded
• 1 bunch fresh coriander
• 4 cloves garlic, peeled
• 1 stick lemongrass, outer stalks removed
• 1 small bunch spring onions, trimmed
• Juice of 1 lime
• fry light
• 8 chicken thighs chopped, skin, fat and bone removed
• 200 ml / 6.5 fl oz chicken stock
• 200 g / 7 oz courgette, thinly sliced
• 1 pot coconut with a hint of lime muller light
1. Add the red chillies, bunch of coriander, garlic cloves, lemon grass and spring onions to a food processor and blitz until you have a curry paste, If you don’t have a food processor, chop or grate them finely. Stir in the lime juice.
2. Spray frying pan with fry light and add the chicken and brown on all sides.
3. Add half the curry paste to the pan and stir to coat the chicken, cook for a couple of minutes and transfer to the slow cooker
4. Add the remaining curry paste, chicken stock and courgettes to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 – 6 hours.
5. Once cooked, turn off the slow cooker and stir in the coconut yoghurt, allow to stand for about 5 minutes. Check the seasoning and serve.
About the Chef
Recipes are from an app called Slow Cooker Crockpot Recipes. It was created to help out busy families, who wanted to feed their family healthy, home cooked food, but struggled to have the time to do so.
The app is now available on all platforms.
Facebook page to accompany the app: https://www.facebook.com/SlowCookerCrockPotRecipes