Great Middle Eastern side but also a fun food for toddlers to dig into and discover some new flavours.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3large bunches of parsley (curly leaf)
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 brown onion
- 1 cup of bulgar wheat
- 2 lemons
- Olive oil
- Add boiling water to bulgar wheat, enough so that it covers bulgar and place a tea towel over the top. Leave until the water is absorbed.
- Cut all ingredients (parsley, tomatoes, onion) really finely and mix together. Squeeze lemon over the salad with the oil and mix the bulgar wheat in once it’s cooled completely.
- You can also add salt if it’s being made for adults and garlic if that’s your thing!
- For a crunchy addition cut up pitta bread into sizes as big as 50p, spray with olive oil and bake in the over for 5-10 minutes (until crispy/golden)
About the Chef
Recipe by Carmel Abi-Aad