I made this in my 6.5L slow cooker. This recipe makes A LOT, eat half freeze half!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Medium curry powder
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Red, green & yellow peppers
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin of plum tomatoes
- 1 tin of chick peas
- 1 carton of Passata
- Salt & pepper
- Frozen – spinach, green beans, sweetcorn, cauliflower, broccoli & carrots, but you can use any veggies, fresh or frozen that you fancy!
- Peel chop your fresh veggies & put in your slow cooker with all other ingredients
- Cook on high for approx 5 hours or on low for longer.
- Serve with pitta bread, rice, pappadums or naan bread.
About the Chef
Hi I’m Elizabeth, I’m a single mom of 4 lovely children, with a passion for showing people the versatility of the slow cooker!
I started a Facebook page to share my recipes in January 2015 after being determined to save money and eat more healthily after Christmas. I wanted to see if I could stop using my gas oven altogether and save money on utility bills by only using other appliances which are cheaper to run, such as the slow cooker, soup maker and George Foreman grill.
After being a pescetarian for over 20 years, my recipes are mostly vegetarian and fish, but can be adapted to add meat. I’m a strong believer that healthy food doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult to cook, and I try to show on my Facebook page ”Lizzy’s Lazy but Fabulous Slow Cooker Recipes” the best places to shop for grocery bargains.
I continue to be amazed by the meals that you can create in a slow cooker, it’s not just for stews and soups!