Wake up and celebrate organic food with ‘Wake Up To Organic’ on Wednesday 14 June 2017. Independent stores across the country will be serving up free organic mini breakfasts to showcase the range of delicious organic food and drink they have to offer, demonstrating just how simple it can be to make the switch to organic.
Local stores – independent retailers, delicatessens, farm shops – and cafés are opening their doors, to host a mix of cookery demos, talks from chefs and bloggers, free organic tastings and tips for easy and tasty breakfast food swaps, as well as opportunities to meet local producers.
The UK’s appetite for organic food is growing, as people become more aware of the benefits to the environment and of knowing what’s in their food. ‘Wake Up To Organic’ hopes to encourage more people to try organic, and breakfast is a great place to start!
5 reasons to try organic
- Better for nature: Organic farming works with the environment as it uses fewer pesticides. It’s a way of farming that protects and encourages wildlife whilst looking after the health of the soil.
- Better for the planet. Organic farms use fewer pesticides and support up to 50% more wildlife.
- Better for animal welfare. Organic means free-range. Organic standards insist that animals are given plenty of space and fresh air to thrive and grow more naturally.
- Know what’s in your food. When it comes to organic, you know exactly what’s in your food. GM crops and ingredients are banned in organic farming.
- It’s tasty. Organic farmers rely on developing a heatlhy, fertile soil to grow a mixture of crops that are bursting with flavour – so foods taste great!
There are more than 220 stores are participating from Edinburgh to Manchester, Norwich, London and Bristol there’ll be lots of chances to try a delicious organic breakfast – to find your local place to grab a free brekkie on 14 June visit www.wakeuptoorganic.co.uk. #WakeUpToOrganic.