Organix Top Tip
Delight the family with these cute little ladybird love bugs, a lovely snack on Valentine’s Day (or any day!). There are lots more tasty family and baby recipes at www.organix.com
Makes 3 little ladybirds
Prep time: under 20 mins
Not suitable for freezing
Suitable from 12mth+ as a light snack
- 1 large ball of mozzarella
- 3 large basil leaves
- 2 baby plum tomatoes
- 1 pitted black olive (or 2 small ones)
- Slice 3 thick round slices of mozzarella and place onto a plate.
- Place a basil leaf onto each one.
- Cut the baby plum tomatoes in half lengthways, then cut ¾ of the way (so not quite in half) lengthways again. Open out a little to create ladybird wings. Place one ladybird onto each leaf.
- Cut the olive in half lengthways then in half again the other way to give quarters. Add a quarter to each ladybird as a head (or if your olives are quite small then you can halve rather than quarter them).
Finally, cut the remaining olive quarter (or half) into little bits (spots) and stick 3 spots on each ladybird.