This fantastic turkey burger recipe is perfect for a healthy fast meal. I normally make a batch up and freeze them so if I know I’m going to be short on time I can have a couple defrosted and pop them in the oven. Serve them up with some vegetable chips, sweet potato mash or a salad.
This recipe will make around 6 burgers and you can have them ready to cook in 5 minutes. When you make these be sure to use enough ingredients so you can make extra to freeze. I usually store mine individually in freezer bags or together separated by a square of grease proof paper (so they don’t stick together). Don’t forget if you’re freezing some burgers for later use fresh and not defrosted mince.
What you need:
- 800g Turkey mince
- 1 red onion
- 1 small red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100g chopped hazelnuts
- 1 egg
WHAT YOU DO:
- Get your oven ready. Preheat to around 200c.
- Finely chop the onion and pepper.
- Crush and chop the garlic.
- Pop your turkey mince into a bowl.
- Add the chopped onion, pepper, garlic and nuts.
- Add your chopped rosemary and paprika (up to you how much – depends how spicy you want them).
- Get your hands in (make sure they’re clean) and mix all the ingredients together.
- Make the mixture up into patties.
- Pop them in the oven on a baking tray for around 20 minutes.
- Make sure you have some burgers left over to freeze.
Paul is the creator of The Accumulator™ and author of The Accumulator™ book published by Bloomsbury. He is a highly experienced fitness professional with over 10 years experience in the industry. Paul also runs his own coaching business, is a specialist barefoot running coach, writes for several fitness magazines and coaches other fitness professionals.