We all need something to warm us up a bit, especially on a Sunday, so why not try this Moroccan style chicken stew…
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 onions
- 3-4 cloves garlic garlic
- Carrot chopped
- Butternut squash cut into chunky cubes
- Any other veg
- Tin of tomatoes
- Half a pint of organic chicken stock
- Tin of tomato purée
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 small tsp of chilli powder
- Half tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Chicken breasts
- Coriander and almonds for garnish
- (Yoghurt and feta optional)
- Sautée the onions, garlic and carrot in a pan with salt and pepper and olive oil until softened (don’t cook them too quickly)
- Add the chicken and cook for a few minutes
- Add cubes of the squash (and any other veg you fancy) and cook for a few more minutes
- Add the tin of tomatoes, half a pint of organic chicken stock, a tin of tom purée, 2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp of chilli powder, half tsp ground turmeric, 1 tsp ground coriander, let all those ingredients boil/simmer on a medium to low heat until the veg has softened, the spices have cooked out and the sauce has thickened
- Add more seasoning, a dash of garlic granules if you have them. You might want to add more of the spices etc as you go along so keep tasting.
For a treat…just before serving melt a chunk of the feta in the stew and save some for sprinkling on top after. Serve with a bit of coriander and almonds. You could add some organic yoghurt if you’re not being good .
For a vegetarian option try this with chickpeas and sweet potatoes.
About the Chef
Foodie Woodie are two cousins sharing a passion for food. We love to cook & eat! Follow us for healthy tips & great ideas to inspire you to stay healthy at home.