This recipe from Hayley looks like real comfort food!
- 1 onion
- Double cream
- 1 large clove garlic
- Pack of ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 2 large potatoes
- Chop the potatoes and boil until just going soft.
- Rub two small cake tins with some butter and line them with the pastry.
- Chop the onion and garlic and fry in some butter until soft. Add the potatoes to the onions and garlic and stir together.
- Layer the potato mixture in the pastry cases with grated cheese in between each layer.
- Pour the cream into the gaps between the potatoes. When full, grate more cheese on top.
- Cook at 200C/180C (fan)/Gas 6 40-45 minutes, or until the pastry is crisp and pale golden-brown.