Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
For the salad:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Chipotle chili powder (or just plain chili powder if you do not have Chipotle)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 torn romaine lettuce
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 300g halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into slices
- 1/2 yellow pepper, cut into slices
- 1 avocado, pitted and cubed
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
For the vinaigrette:
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. grated lime peel
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Coat chicken with the tablespoon of olive oil. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle chicken evenly with this mixture.
- Grill chicken until done, then remove to a plate to cool. Once cooled, slice into thin strips.
- Spread the lettuce on a large serving platter.
- Arrange chicken, black beans, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, avocado, and cucumber over the lettuce.
- For the vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in a small bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
About the Chef
Heart Healthy Recipes for the Family is a facebook recipes page dedicated to families who have a loved one that has been diagnosed with heart disease, and are now trying to live a heart healthy lifestyle! Their recipes are all healthy and tasty, and are wonderful for anyone trying to live a healthier lifestyle.