185 g butter
220g caster sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
375g plain flour
1 egg yolk – extra
A few drops of food colouring
A couple of dinosaur to make footprints with!
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line two trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for approximately 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, egg, extra egg yolk and food colouring. Beat together to form a smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured bench and lightly knead before wrapping it in cling wrap and popping into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough (to a thickness of approximately 5mm) between two sheets of baking paper and use a 8cm round cutter to cut out the biscuits and place onto the prepared baking trays.
- Gently press your dinosaur into the biscuits to create the footprints and repeat until all of the dough has been used.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes. Allow the biscuits to cool on the trays for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.