Super easy and suitable for children and adults alike!
- 1 pack of chicken thighs (8 pieces)
- Rice – boil in the bag rice for 4 persons (don’t judge me)
- 1 packet of green beans
- 2 cups of peas
- 2 cups of sweetcorn
- 4 rounds of frozen spinach
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C
- Place the chicken thighs in a roasting tin and place in the oven for 30 mins or as per the instructions if different.
- Place the bags of rice in boiling water for 10 mins.
- Boil the peas and sweetcorn for 5 mins and drain.
- Place the spinach in a bowl and place in the microwave for 2 mins on full power.
- Once the rice is cooked drain and place in a mixing bowl along with the peas, sweetcorn and spinach. Take half of the green beans and finely chop and keep the other half to the side for when plating up the dish.
- Once the chicken is cooked, serve up the rice and vegetables and place 2 thighs on top. Place then remaining green beans on the side of the plate and dinner is served. Quick and easy.
To make a toddler friendly version I take the chicken off of the thighs and chop up and mix in with the rice too. That way my little boy is guaranteed to woof it down without any questions asked.
About the Chef
Natalie Weterings says “It’s my mission to get as much veg into my toddler as I possibly can and frozen spinach is my favourite secret weapon!”