Makes: 6 to 8 servings
Prepare: 5 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
- 5 to 6 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or leftover bacon drippings
- 4 carrots, scraped and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoons butter (Optional)
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped or shredded
- 4 to 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Fry bacon, remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute onions and carrots until tender in bacon drippings or olive oil.
- Stir in butter, cabbage, salt, pepper, cumin, and turmeric.
- Cook uncovered about 20 minutes on medium heat stirring a couple of times.
- Add potatoes, cover and simmer until potatoes are cooked or about another 20 minutes.
- Crumble bacon slices on top before serving. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
About Family Recipes and More
Family Recipes and More collects and shares your favourite family-friendly recipes!
Check them out here.