Try these on your next Meat Free Monday.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes (plus chilling time)
- 1 sweet potato – diced and cooked
- 1 onion- diced
- 200g frozen peas and sweetcorn mix
- 1/2 broccoli- diced into small pieces
- 1 tin of butter beans
- 3 carrots- grated
- Fresh rosemary
- 4 tbsp potato flour ( you could use other gluten free flours like rice or buckwheat )
- First add the sweet potato into a pan of water and simmer for 15 minutes, until soft then at the last 3 minutes of cooking time add the diced broccoli, frozen peas and sweetcorn mixture to the pan.
- In the meantime in a large saucepan add 1 tsp of coconut oil and fry the onion for a few minutes, then add the grated carrot and the diced rosemary and fry for 5 minutes.
- Now remove the carrot mixture from the saucepan and place in a large mixing bowl, strain the potato mixture and add this to the mixing bowl. Season the mixture and lastly add the tin of butter beans to the bowl and using a potato masher, mash the mixture until it is 50/50. Half smooth and half coarse so you can have a nice texture.
- Once the mixture has cooled, mould them into burger shapes and coat them in the potato flour, repeat until all the mixture is gone (I made 7 burgers)
- Ideally let them set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to cook them, heat 1 tsp of coconut oil in pan and fry them for 3 minutes on each side. Then place them on a greased baking tray and roast for 20 minutes.
About the Chef
Fitness and Food Fanatic
Truly Madly Healthy – Today’s Nutrition for Tomorrows Health
Visit us online: www.trulymadlyhealthy.co.uk