Here are some of our favourite finger food ideas for babies and toddlers:
- Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, apple, pear, peach, kiwi, melon, tangerine, orange, pineapple, plums, banana, mango, grapes, pineapple, cranberries, tomatoes, olives.
- Cucumber, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, peppers, avocado, peas, sweetcorn.
- Sweet potato, white potato, butternut squash, swede, courgette.
- (Fruit/veg smoothies/juices)
- Ham, Sausage, meatballs, mincemeat
- Chicken, chicken nuggets, turkey
- Fish fingers, oily fish: salmon, mackerel, sardines, fresh tuna, trout.
- Boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, omelette (e.g. cheese, tomato, onion, spinach, garlic).
- Black beans, kidney beans, red beans, lentils, hummus.
Bread/ Potatoes/ Rice/ Pasta and other Starchy Foods:
- Bread (wholemeal, granary, wheatgerm, multi-grain)
- Bagel, pitta bread, quesadilla, toast,
- Sandwich ideas: cream cheese and cucumber, cheese and tomato, banana, avocado (mashed), peanut butter, egg mayonnaise and cress, ham and cheese, chicken, turkey, tuna, cottage cheese and pineapple, hummus, fish Fingers, sausage, marmite (small amount), jam (low sugar).
- Brioche bread/ Bread sticks
- Potatoes: sweet potato, white potato (mash, wedges)
- Brown rice, risotto, couscous
- Wholewheat pasta, Pasta Bake, Noodles
- Porridge (Fruit, maple syrup, yoghurt), Cheerios, Weetabix, Shredded wheat, bran flakes (low sugar less than 10g.
- Wholewheat crackers, oatcakes (peanut butter/ cream cheese)
Milk and Dairy:
- Fromage frais, yoghurt (fruit/ stewed fruit), frozen yogurt bites or drops
- Whole milk