- 226 Manor Rd, South Benfleet, Benfleet, Essex SS7 4PA, UK
Woodside Park is an attractive open space located in Thundersley, Benfleet. The main area of the park was opened in 1971 but the woodlands of the park have been established since at least the 17th Century. The park provides a charming mix of woodland and well-maintained recreational grassland. The woodland consists mainly of oaks and is an important site for biodiversity. It provides opportunities for walking as well as for sitting and observing the wildlife. Visitors can also enjoy the fresh air and open space of the grassland in the park and children can make use of the two playground areas at the site.
Woodside Park covers an area of around 10 hectares (30 acres). The park is owned and maintained by Castle Point Borough Council, which has awoodside Park Plan.pdf [pdf] 2MB for the site. The woodland part of the site (North Benfleet Hall Wood) is managed in partnership with the Council by a local conservation charity, the Castle Point Widlife Group.
The main attractions within Woodside Park are:
- Park landscape for varied recreational opportunities
- Woodland landscape for walking, environmental and educational activities
- Castle Point Wildlife Group (CPWG) an active voluntary environmental group
- 2 playgrounds and a basketball court
- 2 cricket squares – home to Benfleet Cricket Club
- Bowling clubhouse and green – home to Castle Point Bowls Club
- Pavilion and Hall for community use (see pavilion hire charges and hiring of halls)
The park is open every day, all year round.