My name is Natasha Gant, I am a life coach and run a health and wellbeing business called The Healthbug which is a new and innovative health management brand that teaches you to become the best version of yourself.
My focus and passion is to help people achieve all aspects of health and happiness from nutrition and diet advice to lifestyle, mind-set, coping mechanisms, sleep, meditation and hydration. I truly believe in the benefits of transforming our whole self; from the inside out – top to toe.
I am really excited to be given an opportunity to write some regular articles for you where I will share a number of my top tips to transform your health and for you to start your journey to become a healthier, happier and fitter you.
To set the tone of future articles and with the sun finally shining I am going to prepare us for a heatwave by starting our journey with ‘Hydration’
The 10 Benefits of Staying Hydrated:
Most of us are dehydrated without even realising it. The average adult human body is 50-65% water, but it can get as low as 45% if you’re overweight. During a normal day, we breathe, pee, and sweat out about three litres of water, amounting to 5-10% of our body’s water. If you’re not continuously replenishing your body’s water, you can run into trouble in a hurry.
Drinking more water is one of the safest, healthiest ways to detox the body. Holistic Lifestyle Coach Paul Chek always says “The Best Solution for Pollution is Dilution!” Without sufficient water in your body, your cells get congested, your skin can’t detox, and your bladder and kidneys won’t function properly. You’ll feel tired and eat more, too. Staying hydrated is one of the most important things you can do to stay healthy.
1. Increases Energy: You brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better, and be more alert. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted!
2. Promotes Fat Loss: Helps to flush out fat, reduces eating intake (by filling up your stomach if consumed prior to meals), reduces hunger (natural appetite suppressant) , raises your metabolism, and has zero calories!
3. Aids Digestion: As water is essential to digest your food, and it also helps prevent constipation.
4. Improves Skin Complexion: Moisturises your skin, keeping it fresh, soft, glowing, and smooth.
5. Flushes Out Toxins: Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination, which reduces the risk of developing kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).
6. Boosts Immune System: A well hydrated person is less likely to get sick. And who wouldn’t rather feel healthy the majority of the time? Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer, and other ailments like heart attacks.
7. Natural Headache Remedy: Helps relieve and prevent headaches (migraines & back pains too!), which are commonly caused by dehydration.
8. Prevents Cramps & Sprains: Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely.
9. Makes You Feel Good: When the body is functioning at its best, you will feel great and be happy!
10. Save Money! Water is FREE! Even if you choose bottled/filtered water, it’s still cheaper than that high sugar and fat-filled latte!
‘Become the BEST Version of You’
Receive a FREE Healthy Living Consultation
At the Health bug we are pleased to be able to offer Essex Mums a FREE Healthy Living Consultation.
For more information, please visit us on: