RunFit Essex was established in 2014 by Jana and Richard who share the same passion for sport as a healthy way of life. We are both UK Athletics Qualified Running Coaches with over 30 years of running experience between us, and deliver a comprehensive variety of training sessions that support any fitness goal.
In August 2016 RunFit Essex received 2 award nominations from Active Essex for ‘Project of the Year’ and ‘Run England Group of the Year both in the East Region Volunteer Awards 2016
One of the best ways to enjoy running is with a group making new friends in the process whether it be a beginners group or a high intensity performance training group. Running with other people is also a great motivator for both new and experienced runners. Your first steps into a new fitness regime can be difficult and sometimes very daunting, but with our positive, constructive approach and encouragement we will help you overcome this barrier in no time.
Our aim is to share our vast experience with others and help you fulfill your goals, whether it’ll be a couch-5k, a faster parkrun time, to complete a half marathon, a marathon or other.
- Regardless if you are a complete beginner or run regularly, you will benefit from one of our sessions. We aim to design fun, varied and social sessions that any runner of any ability can turn up to and feel right at home and enjoy.
- We help runners going from being complete beginners to run 5k (3.1 miles) nonstop
- We work with experienced runners/athletes, supporting them towards their goals including personal best in all distances up to marathon and beyond
- We deliver bespoke 1-2-1 coaching, small group sessions, junior sessions, training plans and corporate sessions
- We design various tailored running plans working around the individual’s lifestyle to help them reach their specific goal
- Our running group sessions are created and adapted to suit any level and any age, to make sure that each individual progresses appropriately at their level.
Laura: “I would encourage anyone, of any fitness level, to come along and try a RunFit session. Richard and Jana are passionate about their running and this shines through with their encouragement, technique support and injury prevention knowledge. Every session is different and tailored to the needs/ability of the group. I recently completed my first 10k race and now want to run further and faster! I absolutely have never considered myself to be a ‘runner’ but am now slightly addicted and this is down to the enjoyment I get from the RunFit sessions!
I have made some lovely new friends too which is an added bonus!”
- If you are a beginner – take it slow at first to make sure your body has time to adapt to the changes
- To get faster – you need to run faster in training; speed work is key!
- Don’t forget to include some strength and core work into your running routine to help avoid injuries and improve performance
- Have fun! Enjoying your exercise is important or you’ll struggle to keep at it
- Always set yourself a realistic target! Too easy and you will soon be bored. Too difficult and you may increase the risk of injury as well as lose motivation