Laser gum treatment is a modern method that has emerged as a popular alternative to traditional gum treatment. Unlike traditional treatment, laser gum treatment does not require stitching and cutting. A lot of people are skeptical about laser gum treatment, as it is a relatively new method. This article will highlight all that you need to know about laser gum treatment, as well as some of the benefits that come with it.
Treating The Gum With Laser
Also known as periodontal laser therapy, laser gum treatment has emerged as a go-to form of dental treatment for many people in recent times. The reason for this is not far-fetched, as laser gum treatment is usually less invasive and is hardly uncomfortable for the patient. Laser gum treatment entails inserting a tiny laser fibre into the gum to remove the infection.
The Difference Between Traditional Gum Treatment And Laser Gum Treatment
Traditional gum treatment involves scrapping and prodding around the tooth and gum line, to take out plaques and tartar. Laser gum treatment on the other hand involves using a laser to evaporate the tissue causing the disease. This might be followed by scaling, but it is usually not as invasive as traditional gum treatment.
Who Needs Laser Gum Treatment?
Anyone that is suffering from gum disease or discomfort is better off undergoing a laser gum treatment. Diseases such as bleeding gums or tender gums can be remedied using a laser gum treatment. It is a quick process that is very effective.
Benefits of Laser Gum Treatment
- No Cutting: A laser gum treatment requires no cutting, making it a very comfortable process to undergo. The absence of cutting also eliminates the need for stitching after the surgery. Laser gum treatment also comes with relatively little pain, as local anesthetics are used to numb only the area that is being treated.
- Quick Procedure: A laser gum treatment is a very quick procedure usually taking less than two hours. This is because there is no need for scraping and stitching which takes a lot of time.
- No-Diet Restriction: There is hardly any diet restriction associated with laser gum treatment, as the procedure is not as invasive as traditional gum treatment. Oftentimes than not, patients can resume their normal diets immediately after the procedure.
- Short Recovery Time: Not only does laser gum treatment produce great results, but it also takes a short recovery time. Within a week, you will be able to go back to your normal daily activities, after undergoing a laser gum treatment.
- Safety: Laser gum treatment is a safe process that does not have serious side effects. It is also safe for patients of different demographics, young or old, female or male.
To ensure that your laser gum treatment goes smoothly without having any complications. It is best to contact an experienced dentist that is licensed to carry out the procedure. For the best results on laser gum treatment, contact dentist campsie. You will be sure to have an unforgettable experience.