Father’s Day is a great opportunity to celebrate the love and bond shared between a father and his children. We’ve found a selection of great events and activities suitable for the whole family that are taking place across Essex, places you can take your dad to make his day extra special.
- Go Karting – If your dad is a bit of an adrenaline junkie then Lakeside Karting will be a great activity and it’s suitable for the whole family. As well as karting for older kids and adults there is now a kids track, complete with electric karts that is suitable for kids aged 3-7yrs.
- Visit the Vulcan – If he’s into his history and planes then this is going to be a great place to visit, you can see the Vulcan XL426 in its hangar at London Southend Airport and there’s the opportunity to add a cockpit visit. For their Father’s Day event they also have more the 60 classic cars & 4 fire engines on display too.
- Steam Trains – Unlimited steam train rides, miniature railway and an assortment of places to explore like the Victorian goods shed and period waiting rooms this is perfect for a railway enthusiast. There is a kids playground onsite and they are situated in 10 acres of grounds in Colchester so there’s plenty of space to roam and it’s perfect for a picnic.
- History of Radio – Southend Central Museum is offering a free tour of the new exhibition 100 years of EKCO: Design and Innovation in Southend. An innovator in radio and communications technology, domestic design and working practices, EKCO was one of the most significant businesses to be founded and run in Southend
- Visit a brewery – If your dad loves beer, then take him to the Brentwood Brewing Company. They have a long history of brewing and malting reaching back to around 1700 and they’re open for full day tours or a quick visit to their tap room. On Saturday 17th June they’re offering a free pint for all dads visiting the brewery between 11am-4pm.
- Escape Room – If mysteries and puzzles are something he loves an escape room experience will be a great treat. A family friendly escape room experience in Witham, Sausage Surprise with Punch & Judy run by Know Escape is full of innuendo children will miss, and adults will chuckle, it even starts with a puppet show!
- Music in the Park – The ever popular Music in the Park returns to Priory Park bandstand for 2023. The bandstand will come alive with top local bands and musicians. Over Father’s Day weekend they have the Essex Yeomanry Band and Chelmsford Silver Band performing in the afternoons,
- Island Fest – This event takes place on 17th June at Adventure Island in Southend the festival will be showcasing a variety of talent from in, and around, Southend! The day will include performances and displays from a variety of Bands, Singers, Dancers, Actors, Artists, Comedians and Fashion Designers.
- Outdoor Cinema: Top Gun – Adventure Cinema are showing Top Gun: Maverick outdoors at Hylands House in Chelmsford on the 18th June. Bring a blanket or camping chair and watch the movie together on a giant cinema screen under the stars.
These are just a few of the great activities and events for families in Essex over Father’s Day – I hope there’s something on the list for you to enjoy – let us know! And if you’re looking for great Father’s Day gift ideas take at our latest gift ideas article here.