babychic

What's this about?

A place to read about our kind sponsors.
weezypops
Site Guru

What's this about?

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Claire (artyfartymack) came up with the idea of having people or companies sponsor the forum. I've yet to see if anyone's interested but hopefully we will get a few people on board, and any money raised will go towards advertising, promotion, making the forum better etc. Who knows, if there is enough interest, perhaps one day we'll be able to move to our very own server that doesn't crash once a month! :lol:

Basically, it will be £20 a year and you get a thread dedicated to advertising your company/product/service. You can post pictures (PM me if you need help), links, info about new things you're doing etc. You can also have an extra line in your signature to link to your website.

You will have the choice of whether you want to allow people to reply to your advert. I can leave it unlocked, so that people can have their say, or locked, if you just want it to be your advert and nothing else.

With regards to competition, I will make it a first come first served thing so that we only have one person advertising a particular service. For example, people who do the Body Shop parties, I will only allow one as it is not fair to the person who has sponsored the forum if there are loads of the same thing. However, if people are doing the same thing in different areas, I would check with our existing sponsors to see what they think about allowing someone else to post their details.

As for groups like mother and toddler groups, I'm happy to have a few different ones listed if they are in different areas. Again I will discuss with existing sponsors to get opinions.

Basically, it's a great way to have a cheap, year-long advert on the site, and to support Essex Mums at the same time!

If you would like to become a sponsor, PM me, or just click on the paypal button below or on the index page and then PM me, or post your details. Anyone posting in here who is not replying to an existing thread will be deleted. This does mean the current advertising thread will be deleted.

If you have any questions, please PM me or ask here. I hope this all makes sense!

Last edited by weezypops on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#2 Unread post by artyfartymack » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:50 pm

Me please!! handmade cards and gifts. I'll pop the paypal to you tomorrow as I dont get paif til then LOL!!!

weezypops
Site Guru

#3 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:51 pm

Okey dokey - well I trust you to do that so you can go ahead and post your ad now if you want!

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by artyfartymack » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:55 pm

Oooh do we use this section?

weezypops
Site Guru

#5 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:56 pm

Yeah, I thought it was nice and prominent at the top here. What do you think?

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by artyfartymack » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:22 pm

super!

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#7 Unread post by artyfartymack » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:31 pm

I'm assuming that this also means that people who consistently come on to promote their business will be asked to refrain from posting? The odd one is fine but if they just use the forum to promote then I think they should politly be offered sponsorship or nothing if you see what I mean.....(God....do I sound evil or what LOL!)

weezypops
Site Guru

#8 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:53 pm

yeah, I think you're right. That was part of the reason I removed the advertising bit. Posting about kids clubs, sports clubs, support groups etc. is fine, but multiple posts about the same thing, especially if it's not obviously relevant to parents will be removed.

Bruch70
Baby
Baby

sponsorship from Essex Midwifery Practice

#9 Unread post by Bruch70 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:47 am

Hi Louise,
I have paid our sponsorship fee now and not quite sure how to go forward from here!! May need your expertise! I think we would be happy to have somewhere where people can read about what we do with our website address on it and of course i am more than happy to respond to any queries anyone may have.

Thanks!
Vicky
Independent Midwife
Essex Midwifery Practice

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: sponsorship from Essex Midwifery Practice

#10 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:23 am

Bruch70 wrote:Hi Louise,
I have paid our sponsorship fee now and not quite sure how to go forward from here!! May need your expertise! I think we would be happy to have somewhere where people can read about what we do with our website address on it and of course i am more than happy to respond to any queries anyone may have.

Thanks!
Vicky
Independent Midwife
Essex Midwifery Practice
Vicky, if you have a look at the posts people like Claire and Jenna have made you should get an idea of the sort of information to supply. Basically you should compile as much info as you want to about the service, perhaps some links and some pictures. Put them into a post and stick them in this Sponsors thread. I'll then also list you in the sticky. If you want me to have a look at it first, PM me and I'll let you know what I think.

Louise

kat
Teen
Teen

#11 Unread post by kat » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:03 pm

oops louise, I so should have read this first. I'll donate throuh paypal on tuesday when I get paid and delete my thread in the meantime. Sorry about that x
Kat
Of all the things I've lost...I miss my mind the most.....

kat
Teen
Teen

#12 Unread post by kat » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:04 pm

aagghhh Louise, its not deleting. Can you do it and we'll start again on Tuesday...so so sorry and rather embarressed! I was just soooo excited at sharing my new business! Doh!! xxx :oops: :oops:
Of all the things I've lost...I miss my mind the most.....

weezypops
Site Guru

#13 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Kat, if you're planning on sending the payment I'm happy to just leave it there! Let me know what you want me to do.

thedessertchef
Newborn
Newborn

Re: What's this about?

#14 Unread post by thedessertchef » Mon May 30, 2011 6:51 pm

Just want to know where I start to put my posts and how I link photo's etc for when we want to update .... I have left something in drafts but it asked me to add my recipient but I thought as a sponsor that all the blogs, entries, posts etc went to all the members walls ??

Need some help I think

Thanks
Sylvia
The Dessert Chef

sheeina
Newlywed
Newlywed

Re: What's this about?

#15 Unread post by sheeina » Tue May 31, 2011 9:24 pm

can i do one for total room solutions? (husbands company)
Mummy to George

Total weight loss : 9lbs
total loss to go : 72lbs

Return to “Sponsors”