Exhausted our Shopping Guide and need some more ideas for Christmas presents? Christmas markets around Essex are full of great shopping ideas, festive food and yummy treats.
For other ideas take a look at the Festive Fun page, and for full listings see the Things to Do section
Barking & Dagenham Basildon Braintree Brentwood Castle Point Chelmsford Colchester Epping Forest Harlow Havering Maldon Redbridge Rochford Southend Tendring Thurrock Uttlesford
BARKING AND DAGENHAM
Eastbury Manor House
- Christmas Maker’s Market – Join us for a seasonal arts and crafts market
- Festive Fayre – Enjoy a festive fayre with Christmas gifts, food and drink!
- Christmas Stalls & Santa – Come along for some festive fun, a spot of Christmas shopping and visit Santa with the little ones.
High Street, Billericay
- Christmas Market – lots of items all at bargain prices! Plus of course you can shop for Christmas Cards, Christmas Puddings and Christmas Gifts.
- The Unique Christmas Shopping Experience – After the huge success of our last three shopping events we are very excited to announce our third event!! This really is a night not to be missed, with some truly unqiue items all handpicked just for you we will look forward to seeing you all there!
St John’s School
- Christmas Shopping Evening – Join us for an evening of Christmas shopping, with 40 stalls selling gift items for ages it will be our biggest event yet! Refreshments and raffle on the night. Tickets £3 (children free) – advanced tickets gain entry into our magnum 🍾 prize drawer. Tickets available from the school office or any member of the PSC.
The Chichester Hotel
- Christmas Market – The day will be full of stalls selling everything festive including crafts, presents, decorations and more! There’ll also be entertainment throughout the day – and we can proudly announce that Santa (yes, the REAL Santa) will too be joining us!
The Jolly Friar
- Christmas Shopping Day – Lots of stalls to buy christmas gifts as well as tombola and other stalls. Complimentary mince pies, Christmas music, Christmas atmosphere and we will also have our Christmas menu available too!!
- Wickford at Christmas Street Fair 2019 – Kick off the festive season on Sunday 24th November in Wickford High Street! FREE to attend. 🎁 Gift fair 🍻🌭Food and drink stalls 🎶 Entertainment including X Factor’s Che Chesterman and The Voice Kids’ Charlie Dillon! 🎠 Rides for the kids 🎅 and of course, a visit from Santa!
- Braintree Light Switch On at the Museum -Join us at the Museum and get out of the cold! We will be hosting a range of events: childrens crafts, live music, The Museum Shop will have a lovely range of Christmas decorations, gifts and great stocking fillers for young and old. And don’t forget to take in the Age of the Dinosaurs exhibition and do festive trails.
- Braintree Christmas Street Market 2019 – Our popular Braintree Christmas Street Market will be back this year, bigger and more magical than ever. The perfect place to do a spot of Christmas shopping and shop local this Christmas. As always, we are totally FREE to enter whichever day you come along. See you soon!
Braintree town centre
Eastgate Shopping Centre
- Christmas Party – Join the festive fun at Eastgate! We’ll start the countdown to Christmas when Santa arrives to open his grotto at 12pm 🎅 Families can also enjoy a whole host of entertainment including Musical Ruth, Elves and the Goodometer, stiltwalking angels, snow princesses, festive music and more!
Feering Community Centre
- FCA Christmas Fayre – Crafts, Santa’s Grotto, A Grand Raffle and lots of Christmas treats.
- Christmas Market- Over 30 stalls selling an array of festive fancies. Festive Food and Drink stalls for refreshments and a Grotto for the children.
- Christmas Fayre & Light Up – Come along and visit the craft & fashion stalls, enjoy the singers & entertainment, have a bite to eat and enjoy a warm cup of mulled wine!
Kings Road Primary
- Winter Bazaar – Lots of raffles, games, tombolas and many more Christmas themed stalls!
Newlands Shopping Centre
- Dickensian Market & Christmas Lights Switch-on – Witham’s Dickensian Christmas Market is back again for 2019. There will be plenty of opportunity to find the perfect Christmas present from the variety of stalls available, whilst local choirs provide a festive soundtrack for your browsing. Why not stick around for the Christmas light switch on at 5.30pm by the town Christmas tree?
Paycocke’s House & Grange Barn
- Yuletide Festivities – A festive fair up at Grange Barn, which will be the perfect opportunity to get some unique presents. Along with Paycocke’s House hosting some yuletide festivities with The Companye of Merrie Folke.
Rivenhall Village Hall
- Christmas Fete – After last years success Rivenhall will be hosting its 2nd Christmas fete with 34 indoor & outdoor stools.
The Bell Inn
- Christmas Market-Come and support small local businesses, skills & crafts at our first Christmas Market. Christmas Trees will be on sale from Halstead Young Farmers Club supporting Cancer Research UK!
- Silver End Christmas Market – Come and see us at the Silver End Christmas market on the 7th December at The Western Arms . We will have our sweet cart, roast chestnuts and mulled wine available on the day as well as many other stalls selling arts, crafts and other Christmas treats.
Ingatestone High Street
- Ingatestone Christmas Market 2019 – The Ingatestone Christmas Market is returning in 2019 and this time it’s going to be even bigger and even better! More stalls, more variety, loads of hot & cold food…
Shenfield High Street
- Shenfield Christmas Fayre – Over 60 festive stalls, family attractions, Santa’s Grotto, walk about acts and rides.
Hadleigh Farm & Rare Breed Centre
- Christmas Fayre and Carols on the Farm – A variety of artisan stalls selling gifts and crafts and an opportunity to purchase refurbished bikes, refreshments and items from Hadleigh Farm Estate. This will be followed by a Nativity and Carols in the barn.
Hadleigh Old fire Station
- Christmas Market – There will be stalls inside and out , hot food & drink , handmade gifts, face painting and a Santa’s grotto.
Our Lady of Canvey & the English Martyrs Hall
- Christmas Market – Stalls for those special christmas gifts, refreshments, crafts for children and our Christmas grotto.
- Canvey’s Biggest Christmas Shopping Fete – A massive selection of some wonderful Christmas stalls selling some really unique beautiful items. There will also be a very special guest attending and will be in his magical grotto to greet all the children.
- Thundersley Town Team Christmas Festival –The always popular Christmas Festival, transforming Thundersley into a festive hub. With stall holders, craft, donkey rides, Santa, Workshops, Treasure Hunts and loads more, don’t miss the fun!
- Winter Market – Join us for a winter Sunday full of shopping, dining, drinking and live music. We have curated a wonderful collection of ethical local makers and sellers
Battlesbridge Antiques & Craft Centre
- Christmas at Battlesbridge – Santa’s Grotto, Festive Music, Festive and Craft Stalls, Indoor Festive Cinema, Mince Pies and Mulled Wine, Children’s Elf Hunt, Face Painting, Pony and Cart Rides & Gaming Tournaments!
- Christmas Market- 4 day Market.
- Channels Christmas Market – Christmas Market Fwith over 30 Christmas Market stalls, Santas Grotto. Street Food, Cask Ales, Mulled Wine & Cider. Live Music .
Chelmsford City Racecourse
- Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2019 – Helen Rollason Cancer Charity’s Christmas Gift and Food Fair is back and it’s bigger and better than ever! Held in the fabulous grounds of Chelmsford City Racecourse, the fair will be showcasing independent retailers who will stock a variety of items including gifts, homeware, jewellery, art, books, toys, gourmet delights and much more.
Chelmsford Community Church
- CCC Craft & Christmas Fayre : In aid of the church 💒 community work. Come along to buy your Christmas presents 🎁, cards, gifts🎈, cakes 🍰 etc. We will also have a seasonal ‘pop-up tea room’ ☕️ in the log cabin 🏠 and live music 🎼
Farleigh Hospice Shop
- Farleigh Hospice Christmas Fair – Our whole shop will be emptied and refilled with Xmas gifts and decorations and Xmas clothes from party dresses to Xmas jumpers. We have some really lovely things all at bargain prices. Put the date in your diary and come along
Galleywood Herirage Centre
- Christmas Craft Market Galleywood – Lots of stalls selling crafts and gifts. Santa will be coming to this event and can be visited between 11:30am and 2:30pm in his grotto. Free Elf hunt in the gardens.
Galvin Green Man
- Great Little Christmas Fair – A great little Christmas Shopping Fair with a selection of beautiful gifts to make your Christmas gift shopping simple. From handmade ceramics, felted baubles, truffles, handprinted robes, cashmere, festive table settings, cushions and prints.
Hylands House & Estate
- FROST FAIR – Returning for its second year and full of festive atmosphere, sights, scents and sounds.
Moulsham Lodge Methodist Church
- Christmas Fair – Come along and do some Christmas shopping while supporting local small businesses. Tea and coffee available.
New Hall School
- Christmas Market – We have a range of wonderful stalls confirmed, which cater for all the family. Kelly Bronze Turkeys will be offering carving demos, tastings and the opportunity to pre-order your turkey. English Spirit Distillery and Fallen Angel Brewery will also be offering tastings to tempt you to purchase an item from their ranges of alcoholic beverages.
RHS Hyde Hall
- Christmas Gift and Craft Fair – Plenty for the children with craft activity’s, not forgetting the adults with festive music,beverages and food. Come and join us we would love to see you.
Runwell Village Hall
- Christmas Bazaar – Loads of amazing local crafts people selling wonderful Christmas gifts including handmade baby items, Christmas cards, wood crafts, Christmas plants, sweets, local craft beers, jewellery, cosmetics cakes and much more.
Writtle Village Hall
- Ducklings Autumn Christmas Fayre – Come along for some Christmas shopping, crafts for the children, tasty food, tombola and much more
Best Lanes Vintage
- South Lanes Christmas Market – South Lanes Christmas Market is coming to Eld Lane Colchester. You know the times that we all think ‘I just don’t feel christmasy this year.’ That is about to change. We are joining forces with Trinity street to host a super size Christmas market. Our local stores spilling out onto the street to bring their unique offerings and beauty to you, Music and muchos Christmas good feelings.
Beth Chatto Gardens
- Christmas Craft Fayre – Visit our wonderfully festive two-day Christmas fayre, featuring a wide range of local crafters and their wares. We’ll also be welcoming carol singers, musicans, with mulled wine, mince pies, BBQ, children’s crafts and more!
Bishop William Ward C of E Primary School
- Christmas Fayre – Crafts, school choir, cakes and refreshments, a grotto and much more.
Colchester High Street
- Annual Christmas Market – Browse and shop from over 80 traders with stalls offering fashion, toys, festive gifts, Xmas trees, jewellery, arts and crafts and festive beers spanning the length of the High Street.
Colne Engaine Village Hall
- Christmas Shopping Event- Find special Christmas presents from local businesses! Hot food, cakes and teas will be served.
Constable Memorial Hall
- East Bergholt Christmas Bazaar – From 11am -4pm
Jobserve Community Stadium
- Christmas Fair – Jobserves first ever Christmas fair.
Langham Community Centre
- Christmas fair- Just under 30 Makers, Creators, Stitchers & Knitters and a Santa & Elves hunt for the children.
Lexden Springs School
- Christmas Market & Motability Fair – A Christmas market and winter fair not to be missed. Over 40 different stalls, games and activities including Santa’s grotto, we have managed to convince man himself in the North Pole to bring mrs Claus and his chief elf merry mistletoes along with him to do biscuit decorating with the kids. Santa will also be using pecs for those with limited speech or who are non verbal
Lions Walk Shopping Centre
- Christmas lights switch on – Christmas market and firework show, with late night shopping and live performances.
- Christmas Event – Enjoy mulled wine, mince pies and other festive fare. The shop will be open for Christmas gifts and cards.
- The Minories Christmas Market 2019 – It’s coming to that time of year again! This year our Christmas Market will be held over two days, there will be a host of fabulous stalls & delightful gifts.
- Christmas craft fair – A range of handmade crafts and their makers.
- Indoor Christmas Market-An exciting on going indoor Christmas Market with a large variety of carefully selected gifts, decorations and much more!
- Prettygate School Christmas Fete – Come and enjoy our fabulous school fete – Santa’s Grotto,
Gift stalls, Raffle, Fun for the children
Roman Circus Visitor Centre
- Christmas Craft Market – Enjoy a mince pie and glass of mulled punch whilst browsing our Christmas handmade craft stalls.
Wimpole Road Methodist Church
- Christmas fayre – Perfect for Christmas shopping and supporting members of our community at the same time.
Wivenhoe Congregational Church
- Christmas Shopping Market – Great Christmas food to order and cards and gifts galore at your friendly community market.
Epping Christmas Market
- Epping Christmas Market 2019: Traditional Christmas market with entertainment, food, gifts, crafts, Santa, Christmas lights and festive fun! Free entry.
- Christmas Craft Market – Christmas craft market with up to 25 stalls of handcrafted items.
- Maldon Vintage Christmas Fayre 2019 – Maldon Vintage Christmas Fayre returns for 2019 with a 60s Flower Power Theme ☮️. Come and join us on Thursday 28th November 4.30pm until 9pm as we turn on the Christmas lights and put on a truly magical evening for all our guests & residents. FREE Santa’s Grotto with his reindeer in the Garden of St Peter’s Church
Museum of Power
- Frozen in Time – Steampunk Christmas Fair – Christmas Steampunk Market for Gift Ideas, meet Santa, Family Entertainment, Storyteller. Dancers and Steam Train Rides.
- Christmas Fair – Come and meet SANTA in his Grotto, enjoy a miniature steam train ride, meander through our Christmas stalls and join in with our fun entertainment and children’s rides.
- Christmas Fayre – A free entry Christmas Fayre, with stalls from wine to gifts, to bags soap and jewellery.
Meadow Croft Garden Centre
- German Christmas Market – As well as the festive drinks, we have a wide range of mouth-watering German food on sale-bratwurst, sauerkraut, waffles and of course the ever intriguing Schokokusse.
Spa Road, Hockley
- Festive Lights – a whole host of new traders lined up for our Festive Market on Spa Road, along with an exciting stage line up and a mystery guest for the big light switch on! Father Christmas will be at the Library again ready to greet the little ones.
- Winter Fayre – See Chalkwell Hall transformed into a winter marketplace this November, complete with independent makers selling bespoke gifts, locally made art, jewellery, homewares and much more.
Leigh Community Centre
- Pop Up Christmas Market – The best artisan craft market in Leigh-on-Sea, spread over 2 days with 60 stalls.
- Leigh-on-Sea Town Council’s Winter Fayre – Our Christmas shopping event is back with a bang
Leigh Road Baptist Church
- Christmas Fayre Fantastic- Come along and get in the Christmas spirit, a melee of festive goodness! Gifts, eco and vintage, crafters and makers, Christmas cards, toys, cakes and cafe, books, games and of course Father Christmas in the Children’s Zone!
Southend in Sight
- Christmas Pop-Up – . Shop Manager Lois Maulkin is busy gathering together Christmas items including decorations, gifts and clothing to sell in the charity’s special pop-up shop which takes over the resource centre for one day only. This is a great opportunity to pick up some festive bargains and support a small charity which works hard in the community to support many people experiencing sight loss.
- Christmas market & The Magical Grotto – Festive fun for all the family whilst supporting adults with learning disabilities.
All Saints Church
- Brightlingsea Christmas Tree Festival 2019 – Brightlingsea Christmas Tree Festival 2019 takes place on the weekend of 14 and 15 December. With more than 100 trees on display, live music throughout the event, delicious hot made refreshments and a fantastic gift shop and pantry where you can pick up exciting goodies to take home, this really is the perfect festive family event.
- Campfire Carols & Christmas Market – This year we are launching our first ever Christmas event! Come and join us for an evening of carols around the campfire as well as a Christmas market, live nativity and a Christmassy trailer ride!
- Frinton Christmas Late Night Shopping – 🦌 Real Reindeers, 🎅🏼 Santa, 👯♀️ Dancers, 🌿 Stalls,
🎠 Rides, 🎙 Live performances…and so much more!!
Kirby primary Academy
Parkeston railway Club
- Christmas Event – Stalls & Raffle.
- Victorian Christmas Market – The Victorian Christmas Market allows voluntary and community groups from around the Tendring district to promote their cause, network with other charities, and raise much needed funds for their organisation. Stalls include Father Christmas * cards & decorations * jewellery * candles * toys * hand made crafts * books * tombolas * stocking fillers * preserves * cakes * lunches * refreshments * guest appearances on stage.
- Christmas Market & Santa Experience – Outdoor Christmas Market in the park with Santa in his Grotto. Come along for some festive fun, a little Christmas shopping and visit Santa with the little ones. Refreshments, food and festive beverages will be available throughout the day.
Saffron Walden Museum
- Museum Shop Sunday – Original gifts and Stocking fillers
We are still gathering events for this year. If you have one to submit, please do so using the button at the top of this page. Thank you