I choose to use the tighs instead of a whole chicken, as they easier to prepare and quicker to cook.
Shallots add lots of flavour, while the celeriac chips, add a nutty taste and much less sugars than potatoes.
You can serve this with sweet potatoes mash as an healthier alternative to white potatoes mash.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- a packet of chicken thighs
- a small celeriac
- 8-10 shallots
- some thyme
- half a lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Prepare the vegetables, cut the celeriac in big chunks and put them in the roasting dish together with the shallots.
- Season the chicken putting some small pieces of garlic and a bit of thyme inside the thighs, rub the the meat with some sea salt, and put them in the dish.
- Add 2-3 lemon slices cut in half, sprinkle with some olive oil
- Cook for nearly an hour at 180/200 degrees according to the type of oven. Enjoy!
About the Chef
I am a Pilates teacher by day, and author of Lemons & Olives, a food blog dedicated to healthy, quick, delicious recipes and nutrition advice for your everyday life.
The blog is created for time poor professionals, seeking a healthier life, but also delicious and easy to make meals.
You won’t find fancy ingredients, but only those easily available in your local supermarket. Hope you enjoy