Serves: makes about 15 nuggets
Forget about all the rubbish that goes into shop bought nuggets, buy some quality chicken breasts (already chopped if available) from your local butcher and make your own. This recipe is very simple and you can make as many as you want and freeze for the weeks to come!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
What do I need?
- 1 egg
- 1 & 1/2 slices of wholemeal bread
- a few basil leaves
- Handful of grated Parmesan
- 385g chicken breast chunks
What do I do?
- Toast bread and leave to cool
- Line baking tray with baking paper
- Whisk egg in a separate bowl with a fork
- Blitz toast in a food processor with Parmesan and Basil
- Dip chicken chunk by chunk into egg then coat in breadcrumbs then onto baking tray
- Bake on 200c for around 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through
- Serve with creamy mash and veg of your choice
Freeze the rest!
Tip – If you get ready chopped chicken breast you don’t need to get your hands dirty you can just use your fork to dip the chicken in the egg and breadcrumbs!!
The Little Menu:)
About me: Mum of two toddlers, I’m a kid food blogger as The Little Menu, passionate about feeding my kids the good stuff and hoping to inspire many mums and dads to fill their little one’s tummies with healthy yummies! Plenty more recipes like this can be found on thelittlemenu.co.uk, instagram@thelittlemenu or facebook @wearethelittlemenu