Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts (organic if possible)
- Red pepper
- Small red onion
- Baby courgettes
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil for cooking (optional)
- Cayenne Pepper
- Garlic (or garlic granules)
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Cut the chicken breasts into chunks.
- Mix together 2tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp lemon juice with ½ tsp of cayenne pepper and paprika along with a garlic clove (or garlic granules) and salt and pepper.
- Brush over your chicken chunks and leave to marinade.
- Chop up one small red onion, baby courgettes and a red pepper.
- Cut a small cauliflower head into florets. Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice or cauliflower snow!
- Place your marinated chicken chunks onto metal skewers. (if you have wooden skewers make sure these have been soaked beforehand)
- Place under the grill for 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of the chunks and turn frequently.
- Heat small amount coconut oil in a large pan over a low heat (or olive oil/organic butter if you prefer). Add red onion and fry for few minutes until soft, then add courgettes and pepper. Cook for a further 5 minutes and then stir in your cauliflower rice. You will need this to cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Brush your mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and place these under the grill for the last 10 minutes.
- Finely chop your parsley, add half to the cauliflower rice and stir. Season well with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil before serving.
- Save the rest of the parsley for a garnish.
- Once the chicken cooked through and golden, serve immediately with the rice and mushrooms
About the Chef
Foodie Woodie are two cousins sharing a passion for food. We love to cook & eat! Follow us for healthy tips & great ideas to inspire you to stay healthy at home.