This delicious loaf is very cake-like in texture, but is not as sweet as a cake, so is perfect served with a sweet topping for breakfast instead of regular bread. The recipe team at Organix explain: “The seasonal fresh cherries are full of goodness and the almonds are rich in healthy fats, protein and fibre great for your little ones. This makes a sustaining breakfast that feels like a treat.”
Serve with fresh cherries and yoghurt or cream cheese and honey, or simply a little butter or nut butter.
Organix top tip: You can add some additional maple syrup or honey to this loaf to make it sweeter and serve it as cake.
Makes 1 loaf
Suitable from 10 months
Suitable for freezing
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 60mls coconut oil / melted butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional – to make a little sweeter)
- 300g fresh cherries
- 200g ground almonds
- 100g SR flour / gluten free option
- flaked almonds optional topping
- Preheat your oven to 160°C / 140°C fan / Gas Mark 3, and grease a 15cm x 10cm loaf tin with a little oil.
- Whisk together eggs, vanilla and oil/butter plus optional maple syrup.
- Chop cherries in half and remove stones, add to bowl and stir in.
- Combine ground almonds and flour and stir in lightly with metal spoon.
- Tip into greased loaf tin and sprinkle with optional flaked almonds, then bake for 1 hour, or until golden and inserted knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin, then tip out and cool on wire rack.
About the Chef
For lots more advice on toddler foods and tasty, healthy recipes for all the family please visit www.organix.com. To download a copy of the Organix Little Book of Good Food – Toddlers & Families visit www.organix.com/lovegoodfood and you can watch the Love Good Food video at: #lovegoodfood. Join the conversation at #LoveGoodFood.